Jiffy cake mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a recipe that calls for a package of Jiffy cake mix, but I can't seem to find that.

I got some Betty Crocker yellow cake mix instead. Is that going to work out? Are the packages the same size? The one I got says "pudding included". What does that mean and does it match the Jiffy version?

I think a Jiffy mix only makes one layer. It also probably wouldn't be as moist as a pudding in the mix box. But if you just used half I think it would still work.

No they're not the same size and you definately do not want to use a "pudding in the mix" to substitute. The Jiffy mixes are much smaller. Unfortunately I don't have one handy:dry: but I think the Jiffy mixes are less than 12 oz. They carry them at Safeway and Kroger stores. You might try googleing for Jiffy and find the weight.

Jiffy cake mixes (yellow, white, devils food, and lemon) at a mere 9 ounces, are designed to make a one layer, 8-inch square cake. Jiffy also makes frosting mixes (lemon, fudge, and white) designed to frost the Jiffy one layer cakes.

HFDE425.jpg

Some nitiwit is selling them on eBay for $1.75, plus a whopping $7.50 shipping charge.

If you really want to buy some, try THE CANDY STORE. They're much cheaper, and they carry ALL those great Jiffy products you remember from your childhood.:LOL:

Jiffy cake mixes (yellow, white, devils food, and lemon) at a mere 9 ounces, are designed to make a one layer, 8-inch square cake. Jiffy also makes frosting mixes (lemon, fudge, and white) designed to frost the Jiffy one layer cakes.

HFDE425.jpg

Some nitiwit is selling them on eBay for $1.75, plus a whopping $7.50 shipping charge.

If you really want to buy some, try THE CANDY STORE. They're much cheaper, and they carry ALL those great Jiffy products you remember from your childhood.:LOL:

Oh Jeeze. :rolleyes: I remember when they were 50 cents.

But wait, there's more, lol:

Welcome to the Chelsea Milling Company - Home of "JIFFY" Mixes!

Last edited:
Caine said:

One reason I don't shop on eBay ... I'm not a "nitwit".

*amy* said:

LOL - you beat me to it *amy* !!!!:LOL:

Yep - go to their website, click on the "Product Locator" link and enter your zip code and they will tell you who sells their products in your area, watermelonman.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom