Just Sayin'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is very funny! For myself, I would be to throw away the cauliflower for to eat those funnel cakes of the carnival and the livestock showings. Those are the real treat.
~Cat

Last edited:
I love me some cauliflower!

Cauliflower's only bad when it's growing out of your skin in sensitive places.

The trick is to find an unhealthy way to prepare it! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
Breading, deep frying and dipping in ranch dressing fixes everything. I would eat a boot if it was breaded, deep fried and dipped in ranch..
Cauliflower.jpg

Breading, deep frying and dipping in ranch dressing fixes everything. I would eat a boot if it was breaded, deep fried and dipped in ranch..
Cauliflower.jpg

Whenever someone is trying to convince you to try cauliflower, they tell you about a great recipe that involves three cheeses, bacon, deep frying and such.
As Roch said, a boot would taste good prepared that way.

Whenever someone is trying to convince you to try cauliflower, they tell you about a great recipe that involves three cheeses, bacon, deep frying and such.
I think the best way to prepare cauliflower is to just cut it into florets and eat that way or with dip.

The more you do to cauliflower, the less good/worse it gets. But, I would probably enjoy it deep fried like in Roch's picture.

I love raw cauliflower. but I have had cooked cauliflower on more than one occasion that was awful. :yuk: Personally, I think cheese sauce just makes it worse.

Keep my broccoli pure. Steamed with butter. For my kids, some liked the tree tops and some liked the trunks. (childrenese) Euell Gibbons would be proud of me. I fed my kids right from Mother Nature. :angel:

Geez, Andy, next thing you know you'll be putting other ingredients in your rice and sauce on your pasta ;)
I agree though, if you don't want to eat something straight up you probably won't enjoy it prepared other ways.

It's a good thing there are so many people who are willing to eat the cauliflower that Andy and I will not eat. Looks to me it is not going bad and the cauliflower growers are staying in business.

I have room on my plate for both!

The trick is to find an unhealthy way to prepare it! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Dip it in beer batter, and deep-fry it. That's done up here "In da UP", but not by me. I love it steamed, and dressed with a bit of dill, and maybe a little butter.

It's also fabulous in soups, and stir-fries.

As for the original topic - "Just Sayin'", substitute ocra, grits, or anything prepared with mint for the cauliflower.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I don't mind cauliflower but will take pizza over it any day ;)

We make a cauliflower dish in the microwave ... combine mayo, mustard, and garlic powder and pour over head of cauliflower that has been placed in about 1/2" of water. Cover and microwave until fork soft.

Otherwise, I prefer it raw.

How do you feel about Brussels sprouts then? I've met more people who would have thrown those at their own moms than cauliflower.

Cauliflower-like it, but love it roasted! Broccoli-haven't met any I haven't liked.
Brussels sprouts-steamed are OK, roasted are better, but the best are lightly steamed and tossed with fried bacon (of course, horse poo would probably be good with bacon), mushrooms sauted in the bacon grease, and a little tarragon and garlic powder. So yummy the first day, but excellent the next day, even for breakfast. :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom