Kaffir Lime Leaves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lynan

Sous Chef
:)
I am about to gather in ( belatedly:( ) the last of last summers leaves. What do you use them for apart from Thai and some other Asian food?
One thing I tried a couple of years ago in Bali, was a Molten Chocolate Pudding flavoured with Kaffir leaves. It was superb! :chef:

Wow, Lyn, chocolate and kaffir. I've never had that combination! I'll try it one of these days. I have a kaffir plant out on the balcony whose leaves are not getting harvested enough.

I've made pannacotta before using coconut cream infused with kaffir lime leaves... I just pounded the kaffir leaves and steeped it in the coconut cream. I think I replaced helf the heavy cream in the recipe with coconut cream. I thought it turned out very well.

Oh, I envy you Lyn!! I have four little seeds from a Kaffir lime Sharon (Harborwitch) gave me last year, nicely dried out and ready for planting. I haven't planted them yet. Guess I'd better get myself in gear...

Yes Lyn they go with chocolate SUPERBLY I make truffles with them. I also like them in creme brulle. Ive also taken tuna steaks wrap them in the leaves and bake enpaupiette (sp)

Perform a google search for Ming Tsai + kaffir. He has several recipes that use a kaffir lime leaves.

Sorry peeps, I hadnt noticed all these ideas for my lime leaves. :)
I will definitely try a pannacotta with them, had not thought of that.
And, my next jug of summer pimms (when summer rolls around from your part of the world) will have them rather than mint. Still add my cucumber too!

I live in New Zealand, our climate is temperate but the plant happily stays outdoors in winter close to the house under the eaves. That way no frost can touch it.:)

:(:( Now I'm really goin' to cry. Our Kaffir died in the awful heat. The leaves just baked to death and no amount of water helped. Once we get back on land we'll get another one. Darn!:mad: It was loaded with fruit too!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom