Kitty Birthday Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cooksalot

Assistant Cook
I have 5 cats. Kitty will be 20 years old June 1st.
Sassy and Frankie(almost 2) are parents to Piglet and Whitie Bulger who will be 1 June 19th. I am having a people party for the ones who adopted the other 5 kittens. I want fun stuff. So far I came up with:
Tuna canapes
Shrimp
Dip served in washed cat food cans w/chips and veggies.

What else can I do?
I need ideas for food and decoration.:mrgreen:

How about kitty cut out cookies?
Or, maybe you could serve your guests in new cat bowl (I'm sure you could fine them at the 99cent store) and put their names on the bowl, as you would with a cat.

How about a large round glass bowl with blue jello with little swedish fish "swimming" in it?
Or a bowl of goldfish crackers.

Could you buy those big medjool dates, cut them down the center, add a little cream cheese mixed with vanilla extract, and then fashion a tail out of licorice and ears out of maybe dried apricot cut outs, making a little mousie dessert? I think it would be cute, especially with little candy button eyes and a matching nose.

If you want more tuna (and what cat ever has enough?) try Tuna Pate. It's good & rich!

Tuna Paté

2 cans white tuna, drained
1 cup butter
2 Tablespoons chopped roasted red pepper (homemade or bottled pimentos)
1 to 2 teaspoons capers (optional)
fresh lemon juice
2 to 3 drops Tabasco
salt and pepper

Puree tuna and butter in processor. Add chopped red pepper, capers, lemon juice, salt, pepper and Tabasco. Process on pulse until the capers and red peppers are finely minced.

Taste and adjust seasoning. Pack into decorative serving bowl, cover, and refrigerate.

When ready to serve remove a bit early from fridge so that the pate has a chance to soften just slightly.

Serve with toasted pita triangles or toasted rounds of baguette.

Cut plain or whole wheat pitas into triangles. Separate each triangle and place on cookie sheet. Brush with melted butter. Bake at 350°F until crisp and golden. Be careful not to burn. Remove and let cool. Serve triangles surrounding tuna pate.

Source: AnnT on the GW CF

How about gently sauteed breakfast sausages served on a bed of couscous?

Sorry, just kidding, I could not resist - the mental image was just so ......., OK, sorry I mentioned it.

Back
Top Bottom