Kool-aid jelly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joesfolk

Head Chef
Has anyone made kool-aid jelly? We are not fond of apple jelly but apples are so plentiful this year I got to wondering if apple jelly flavored with raspberry kool-aid would be any good. What do you think?

Sure, go for it. I have had kool aid flavored pickles, I think they were quite the rage a couple years ago. Dump a packet in a jar of pickles, refrig until the color is bright red or green, and feed it to the kids.

Make apple sauce. You can take a handful of red hot cinammon candies and they will melt in the applesauce. Gives a bright color and spicy flavor.

Make apple butter. Either one in a crock pot. You can freeze or can them. We have lots of apples this year too.

Add mint to apple jelly. Tasty, but I think it has limited use. Add sliced jalapenos to jelly, leave the seeds in. Brush on your favorite grilled foods.

I'd start with a small batch, in case you don't like it. CP apple butter has been my go-to this year.

And we're inundated with apples this year too!

I would try it and call it apple raspberry jelly rather than Kool-Aid jelly. If it's the old fashioned stuff, it's just a packet of flavoring and the consumer adds the sugar. You might end up trying other flavors after you discover how wonderful your idea is.

Here is a Wikipedia article about Kool-Aid.
Hmm, so there is. It's to be hoped "Joe'sfolk" leaves out the cyanide.

One of those weird co-incidences - I've just finished reading Armistead Maupin's "Further Tales of the City" and part of the plot hangs not on the massacre itself but a convoluted adventure arising out of the possible escape of Jones.

Back
Top Bottom