Last Day of May dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Just Cooking

Master Chef
Wet chicken burrito with green salad..

Apple Squares for dessert..

Whats on your plate tonight?

Ross

Attachments

• Wet burrito with salad.jpg
    Wet burrito with salad.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Scramburgers and the last of the Mexican street corn potato salad from earlier in the week.

Didn't decide 'til just now.
Red flannel corned beef hash tacos with black beans and beer.

My mother made Flannel Corn Beef Hash at least once a week. I continued the tradition when I had my family. I would sometimes even serve it at breakfast with a poached egg.

Looks delish, Ross. :yum:

I had a thinly sliced tri tip sandwich on a toasted onion bun, with a spread of prepared horseradish and mayo. One of fave uses for leftover tri tip. :) Small romaine and veggie salad with Italian dressing for a side. I'm stuffed.

Dinner was Swedish meatballs and gravy over noodles tossed with butter and chives.

Scramburgers and red flannel hash... two new ones to me. :huh:

I went out for some fish and chips. Pretty good. The used haddock which was perfectly cooked, and the crust was crisp, although a bit greasy.

CD

Good looking dinner Ross!

I'll be grilling some big shrimp on skewers along with fresh asparagus, and tri colored rice on the side.

Still, one of our favorite ways with shrimp..brushed with butter, scattered with fresh snipped chives, sprinkled with Tajin' then grilled to perfection.

Easy peasy.

Attachments

• P5310010[1].jpg
    P5310010[1].jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 148
Still, one of our favorite ways with shrimp..brushed with butter, scattered with fresh snipped chives, sprinkled with Tajin' then grilled to perfection.

Easy peasy.

I just bought some wild caught Gulf shrimp, and I like to grill mine in a similar fashion, although without the Tajin.

Gulf shrimp has gotten really expensive, but the alternative around here is cheaper "farm raised" shrimp from Thailand, and you couldn't pay me to eat that.

CD

Have you tried Tajin' Casey? I really like the balanced blend of lime, chili and salt for this and lots of foods. I don't like the low salt version at all though.

I just bought some wild caught Gulf shrimp, and I like to grill mine in a similar fashion, although without the Tajin.

Gulf shrimp has gotten really expensive, but the alternative around here is cheaper "farm raised" shrimp from Thailand, and you couldn't pay me to eat that.
CD

I am with you on that. I get weekly reports of products recalled. Almost every week there is some kind of seafood from Thailand, Vietnam, China, etc. that has been recalled due to failure to subjecting their product to Federal Inspection. They try to sneak it in all the time.

I miss the freshly caught Gulf shrimp. My husband used to bring home a Wonder Bread wrapper filled with shrimp from the last catch, each trip. It weighed 10 pounds. What a feast. Each crew member got to bring home 10 pounds of shrimp. Considering that there were only three crew members, it didn't make a big difference in their final paycheck.

Back
Top Bottom