Last minute cranberry help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vegas Girl

Senior Cook
My family requested I bring this dish I made last year. It had a can of whole cranberries, a can of apple pie filling, and "some" kind of topping and it gets baked...but I can't find the recipe.

Does anyone know a good recipe for this or perhaps a jello salad (for 10) using the cranberries so people won't gripe that we didn't have cranberries? :LOL:

I need something I can make in the morning that won't take all day to set. I also have cream cheese, sour cream, Cool Whip, mandarin oranges, and crushed pineapple in the house.

Thanks for any help.

Apple Cranberry Sauce

a can of whole cranberries
a can of apple pie filling (or a couple cups of sliced apples)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup brown sugar (especially if you are using the slice apples)

Basically, just mix it all together & heat up either stovetop, oven or microwave.

I made a frozen cranberry salad last night - 1 can whole cranberry sauce 7 oz can crushed pineapple, drained, 1 cup sour cream....then realized I read it wrong and had added a 15 oz can of pineapple, so I added another half cup sour cream, a handful of toasted pecans left from dressing and a handful of mini marshmallows - It was SO good last night - I can't wait to try it frozen!! In fact, I may not wait...

I had a dessert last fall that had apples cranberries and probably caramel ice cream topping with pecans - it was yummy - this one was baked in a tart shell and served on a drizzle of the caramel sauce. I'm going to have to try it and see how it comes out - just not tonight!

Back
Top Bottom