Lavender buds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BraiseMeUpBeforeYouGoGo

Assistant Cook
Hi all,

I have a recipe for lavender ice cream that calls for lavender buds. Does anyone know where I can purchase these things locally? Some kind of aromatherapy store, maybe? I don't want to deal with the hassle of signing up for an account at some online store and only buying one thing. I am in San Diego, btw.

Thanks in advance,
Alex

Braise, I found some at Cost Plus World Market a while back. Just check their spice area, in the little bottles. Best of luck, and welcome!

just checked - it's Spice Hunter brand, the ones with the hunter green lids.

Last edited:
gourmet store, herbalist, nutritionist. makes great tea, needed in herbs de provence, etc, so redily available

Make SURE that you confirm from wherever you buy them from that they're suitable for culinary use. Some lavender buds for household use are treated with essential oils that aren't necessarily safe for human consumption.

I know you said you aren't interested in online stores, but for total safety you might want to at least check out online culinary spice/herb stores. I do believe Penzey's (my favorite online store) carries culinary lavender.

Breezy,

Thanks for the tip. I never would have thought to take that into consideration. I'm assuming that untreated buds are what I'm looking for?

Alex

Back
Top Bottom