Lazy Sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KatyCooks, you've never tried an oyster? The texture isn't slimy as you'd expect. They're mighty tasty. If you don't like looking at them, just pop a pickle slice on top. Killer.

Alix, I've tried them and don't like them. On our first date Himself ordered some kind of raw oyster appetizer. Asked me to try one - wouldn't take no for an answer. Afterwards he asked what I thought of it - I told him I'd let him know some other time since I didn't want to ruin his dinner. Basically, my sinuses drain a lot! :LOL: I don't need to eat oysters too. BTW, fried ones didn't seem much better. Think of it this way: I'm doing oyster lovers a favor by saving them for people like you. ;)

Lazy Sunday... that's a good way to put it. I went to a wine club picnic yesterday afternoon. Even though I didn't eat much at the picnic, I wasn't hungry for dinner. I ended up having an onion bagel with cream cheese around 10pm before calling it a night.

I regularly make "planned leftovers". Quite often I'll cook for 4, then hope there IS enough for two more servings when supper is done. Himself has a very bad "just a little more" problem... I've gotten to the point where I will put away most of what is left after we each take our first serving. When there isn't much left behind he tends to feel bad and leave most of the rest...then I whisk it off into the container in the fridge. Evil, I know! Sometimes we have leftovers so often he accuses me of being able to buy them at the store. :LOL:

The trick is to put half away before the meal...:rolleyes: Any way works for me!:)

CG, smoked oysters are not the same consistency as the ones you've seen. LOL! Great analogy BTW. I'm not fond of any oysters except smoked.

The Pirate has windows that crank open with a screen on the inside in his room where he lives. And trying to find an AC to fit it has been an adventure in itself. So with the temps in the 90's all week he is going to be staying with me.

Did all the prep work yesterday for SOS and have a container of mashed sweet potatoes. Just have to make some biscuits today. Yeah, today is going to be a lazy day. No more than 20 minutes of cooking. You won't hear me complaining. :angel:

I guess I was a bit lazy yesterday too. We decided to have some chicken, so my DS went to the deep freeze and got some frozen chicken breasts. The microwave worked hard to thaw them enough to pound. I did the pounding and sent them out to Hubby to grill. DS made some tomato sauce and grated some cheese and boiled some pasta. We threw it all together and it was fantastic, but all I had to do was pound the meat and pour the wine. :)

I guess I was a bit lazy yesterday too. We decided to have some chicken, so my DS went to the deep freeze and got some frozen chicken breasts. The microwave worked hard to thaw them enough to pound. I did the pounding and sent them out to Hubby to grill. DS made some tomato sauce and grated some cheese and boiled some pasta. We threw it all together and it was fantastic, but all I had to do was pound the meat and pour the wine. :)

Sounds to me like you were really overworked. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom