Left over curry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daffers

Assistant Cook
I always make too much curry so turned it into a Biriani last night an idea from Jamie Oliver with a few tweaks and it was delicious. A little drier than I would like but with yogurt on the top delicious...
Has anyone any more idea's for left over curry other than freezing?

I always make too much curry so turned it into a Biriani last night an idea from Jamie Oliver with a few tweaks and it was delicious. A little drier than I would like but with yogurt on the top delicious...
Has anyone any more idea's for left over curry other than freezing?
How do you turn it into a biryani?

Make crepes or buy Tortillas, warm curry through, add a smear of yoghurt and serve as wraps for brunch or breakfast if you are up to it?
Ps. I'm told that this is a great way to start the day after the night before if one has a hangover, not that I would know of course:LOL:

I have seen a couple of dishes prepared on cooking shows that looked great and would love to try, but the minute they say curry I feel like throwing up. I have never tasted it as can't get pass the smell. I don't know what it is but the smell of curry makes me feel like I have morning sickness all over again 40 yrs later. A friend thought it was in my head and she made this dish and brought for me to try not telling me there was curry in it. The minute I opened the container I bee lined to the bathroom. What is in that makes me so sensitive to ?
Oh I not saying there is anything wrong with curry food don't get me wrong and I can't truthfully judge it as never having eaten anything with it in. Maybe I should try it the next time I have a cold and the can't smell.
I find it weird that the smell gets to me that bad.

There are as many different curry spices, or spice combinations, as there are cooks. Curry spice is like saying Italian seasoning...It could contain many different things....If you found out which ingredient in curry spice that offends you, you could easily make Indian food without it. I'm betting it is Turmeric. That seems to be a common ingredient in Curry Spice. Very strong distinctive. There are many recipes without Turmeric...Curry spice as per say, doesn't really exist in India. It is a combination of assorted spices that was invented for people in England as a one spice additive for those who wanted to re create Indian dishes but didn't want to, or couldn't get access to the many different spices that go into a typical Indian dish...you can make your own and just omit the offensive spice that gets you running...

Last edited:
I have seen a couple of dishes prepared on cooking shows that looked great and would love to try, but the minute they say curry I feel like throwing up. I have never tasted it as can't get pass the smell. I don't know what it is but the smell of curry makes me feel like I have morning sickness all over again 40 yrs later. A friend thought it was in my head and she made this dish and brought for me to try not telling me there was curry in it. The minute I opened the container I bee lined to the bathroom. What is in that makes me so sensitive to ?
Oh I not saying there is anything wrong with curry food don't get me wrong and I can't truthfully judge it as never having eaten anything with it in. Maybe I should try it the next time I have a cold and the can't smell.
I find it weird that the smell gets to me that bad.
Are you talking about Indian curries or are you talking about that yellow powder that comes in a jar and is labelled "curry powder"?

I ask because I was very reluctant to try Indian food. That curry powder made me nauseous. The smell was enough to make me gag. If your reaction is similar to mine, then I understand that no one could fool you about that stuff being in food.

I eventually tried Indian food and found it delicious. It had none of that nauseating smell/taste. We experimented and eventually figured out that it was the fenugreek in curry powder that made me gag. It even turned out that I don't have that reaction to freshly ground fenugreek. It's when it gets stale that it's gross. The fenugreek in commercial curry powder is always stale.

Back
Top Bottom