Lemon Icebox Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I absolutely love lemons. My 2 favorite deserts are my sisters lemon bars and my lemon icebox pie. Technically, it's more of a lemon cheesecake but I like this better than any other lemon pie of any name I've ever tried.

8 oz cream cheese
1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Juice and zest from 3 lemons
Graham cracker pie shell

I get as much juice and zest from 3 lemons as I can get. I don't measure it. It's always enough and more is better. I like a TART pie.

Mix all the ingredients and pour into the shell. Refrigerate to set.

Waiting is the hard part.

This sounds great, thanks. I just wish I had a premade graham cracker pie crust. I have what is needed to make one except a working oven. Maybe I will do it in an 8x8 pan and sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top. It will be lower in carbs anyway. Yes! I will let you know how it turns out. :rolleyes:

This sounds great, thanks. I just wish I had a premade graham cracker pie crust. I have what is needed to make one except a working oven. Maybe I will do it in an 8x8 pan and sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top. It will be lower in carbs anyway. Yes! I will let you know how it turns out. :rolleyes:

I wonder if you could let the filling set, sandwich it between two graham crackers, wrap and freeze for an ice cream sandwich thingy. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Good idea Aunt Bea. I think I will try that sometime too!

Packaged graham crackers are rather firm, to the point they are actually crunchy. The graham cracker layers of an ice cream sandwich are soft. Perhaps a home made crust on the bottom of a cake pan with the filling on top then another later of crust. Freeze and slice.

Could you make your own Graham crackers on a cookie sheet, just like making a pie crust? Freeze to the point they are very firm but not frozen solid. That should make the crust easy to cut and use as the top layer. Is my thinking wrong?

Could you make your own Graham crackers on a cookie sheet, just like making a pie crust? Freeze to the point they are very firm but not frozen solid. That should make the crust easy to cut and use as the top layer. Is my thinking wrong?

I think that the regular graham crackers would soften in the freezer, similar to the chocolate cookie on an ice cream sandwich.

I like your idea of the loaf pan with two layers of crumbs. Reminds me of a recipe my grandmother used to make.

I'm starting to get hungry!

So this was good! I made it without a crust and sprinkled the crumbs on top. We had it after supper, and there isn't much left. I didn't miss the crust, but hen again, the lemon filling is the best part anyway. :yum:

There's some left? You must not have made it right. There's NEVER any left when I make it. Perhaps that's because I eat it all.

You could put it in pudding dishes and top it with the crumbs before letting it set. Maybe top it with some whipped cream.

Since it's so similar to cheesecake, a little strawberry drizzle on top would be nice. The tartness of the lemon and the sweet strawberry drizzle should go well together. I've never tried it though. Am I wrong about the flavor combination?

I actually wish I would have just put it into pudding dishes instead of the way I did it. As it was, I served two pieces each because they just didn't look like much. I think four little dishes would have been better. And...yes, I could have eaten it all myself, but with trying to lose weight and all.............:pig:

this is perfect for us and is now resting to be eaten for dinner, Thank you for a great new idea it will be enjoyed.
kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom