Life's too short for chopping & mixing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
+2:ohmy:

What's this that it wants 4 characters to post? I guess we now have to add smileys -- oh, well.

Last edited:
hello!it's me again......no,no,comeback!!now that "guilty pleasures"seems to be up & running i thought it was about time to resurrect "life's too short.....".
as i said yonks ago when i started this thread:
"okey dokey this is guilty pleasures "all grown up" 3D the sequel.no no no vicar,nothing for you to worry about!!.you know what? sometimes life is too short for peeling,chopping,mixing & marinading.sometimes i just don't have the time.sometimes there is stuff out there that i think "y'know what 'arry the ingredients are exactly what i would make that with & it probably tastes just as good as mine so why make it yourself(or should that be myself?)"
here' some of mine.i've shown you mine now you show me yours;)!!"
so here we go,little nuggets of minced garlic & chilli(they also do ginger & coriander)perfick for that curry or pasta etc etc when time is short.always have a couple of packs of each in the freezer for when time is short but taste is important....go on,show me yours now;)!!

Attachments

• CHOPPING 001.JPG
    CHOPPING 001.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 120
  • CHOPPING 002.JPG
    CHOPPING 002.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 112
  • CHOPPING 003.JPG
    CHOPPING 003.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 112
  • CHOPPING 004.JPG
    CHOPPING 004.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 119
hello!it's me again......no,no,comeback!!now that "guilty pleasures"seems to be up & running i thought it was about time to resurrect "life's too short.....".
as i said yonks ago when i started this thread:
"okey dokey this is guilty pleasures "all grown up" 3D the sequel.no no no vicar,nothing for you to worry about!!.you know what? sometimes life is too short for peeling,chopping,mixing & marinading.sometimes i just don't have the time.sometimes there is stuff out there that i think "y'know what 'arry the ingredients are exactly what i would make that with & it probably tastes just as good as mine so why make it yourself(or should that be myself?)"
here' some of mine.i've shown you mine now you show me yours;)!!"
so here we go,little nuggets of minced garlic & chilli(they also do ginger & coriander)perfick for that curry or pasta etc etc when time is short.always have a couple of packs of each in the freezer for when time is short but taste is important....go on,show me yours now;)!!

I've got these in my freezer too. Really handy when you are having a ginger emergency! Unfortunate name though DO ROT.

I've got these in my freezer too. Really handy when you are having a ginger emergency! Unfortunate name though DO ROT.

ha! well spotted .40,never thought of that!good tho' aren't they?
whatcha' reckon is going on here then mate:rolleyes::ermm::ohmy::ROFLMAO:??!!

Attachments

• COCK SOUP.jpg
    COCK SOUP.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 133
just for you taxlady,a reminder of home....always have a pack of slices in the fridge,great for sandwiches,burgers & just eating straight out of the packet:yum:
in fact i guess that makes it a guilty pleasure,so i'll jolly well post it there too...you can never have too much jarlsberg...having said that i'm a bit partial to a chunk of 3 year old vintage canadian cheddar too...oh boy!

Attachments

• JARLSBERG 001.jpg
    JARLSBERG 001.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 133
I have never seen those little cubes of crushed garlic and red pepper! :ohmy: I would for sure buy some and keep on hand in the freezer - will have to look for them. :)

I have never seen those little cubes of crushed garlic and red pepper! :ohmy: I would for sure buy some and keep on hand in the freezer - will have to look for them. :)
try wallmart chezza.asda sell them over hear & asda are part of "the wallmart family" worth a try mate!.40 calibre has them in his freezer so they must be available your side of the pond hun.

Where did you get those dry rot cubey thingies from pray tell ?
tesco! is there anywhere else? actually there is,sainsbury's & asda sell them too.last time i looked tesco had them on offer @ 50 shiny pennies a pop.which probably means not many peeps buy them,which in turn means they may be discontinued soon.time to fill ya boots(and freezer)methinks queenie!!you can get the cock soup there too:ermm:!

Last edited:
The ginger and garlic pastes that I have found were full of yucky chemicals. I'd rather whiz up a batch in my Magic Bullet and freeze what I don't need right away.

The ginger and garlic pastes that I have found were full of yucky chemicals. I'd rather whiz up a batch in my Magic Bullet and freeze what I don't need right away.
i know tax & half the time the actual veg it's meant to be is right down the bottom of the ingredients list.i wouldn't buy them either mate.the dorot's only have a bit of soybean oil,lemon juice & salt added,depending on which you buy.i guess they put those in to help them freeze/hold their colour well?

i know tax & half the time the actual veg it's meant to be is right down the bottom of the ingredients list.i wouldn't buy them either mate.the dorot's only have a bit of soybean oil,lemon juice & salt added,depending on which you buy.i guess they put those in to help them freeze/hold their colour well?
I noticed that the Dorot's only had food (and salt). But, even that one would be a no-go for me. I'm not supposed to have any soy that isn't fermented. It's startling how much food has soy oil.

I noticed that the Dorot's only had food (and salt). But, even that one would be a no-go for me. I'm not supposed to have any soy that isn't fermented. It's startling how much food has soy oil.
time to buy stocks in a soy processing company methinks;)!!

Back
Top Bottom