Liven up pulled pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tori

Assistant Cook
At a recent party, a whole pig was roasted and I lucky enough to save several pounds of pulled pork which I have frozen.

I have tried some of the pork and it is rather bland. I tried adding some BBQ sauce but I think there has to be something better.

I would like some suggestions to liven up this pork and improve the taste. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thank you.

Should add a little chili powder to the pork or sauteed sweet/hot peppers, garlic and onion. Depends on what flavor you are going for.

Welcome to DC!!!

I like to put my smoked pulled pork back on the smoker and add apple juice and apple cider vinegar with some red pepper flakes. Add a little at a time until you get the flavor you want. Could be easily done in oven, too.

Also, make some cole slaw. Goes well with PP sammies.(on top)

It also tastes good in chili and spagetti sauce.

Welcome to DC!

For a quick meal, try pulled pork street taco style. Mix a jar of salsa verde in with the pork and serve it in a warm tortilla with a little Mexican cheese sprinkled over the top. If it needs more moisture, you can add a splash of orange or lime juice.

Last edited:
For a quick meal, try pulled pork street taco style. Mix a jar of salsa verde in with the pork and serve it in a warm tortilla with a little Mexican cheese sprinkled over the top. If it needs more moisture, you can add a splash of orange or lime juice.

+1 Okay, that's lunch!

At a recent party, a whole pig was roasted and I lucky enough to save several pounds of pulled pork which I have frozen.

I have tried some of the pork and it is rather bland. I tried adding some BBQ sauce but I think there has to be something better.

I would like some suggestions to liven up this pork and improve the taste. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thank you.

My favorite way to eat pulled pork now.
Korean Style Tacos with Kogi BBQ Sauce | Steamy Kitchen Recipes

I made this with smoked pork, but it should work well with your roasted pork, too.

Should add a little chili powder to the pork or sauteed sweet/hot peppers, garlic and onion. Depends on what flavor you are going for.

Welcome to DC!!!

Dice and make into a great chili. Work with the BBQ flavor you've already got going.

Burritos: Rolled burrito style with seasoned meat mixture and a cheese stick, then toasted 350° for 15 minutes. It should be getting some brown spots and *thunk* when tapped with a fingernail. Like a meat flavored popsickle. Have dipping sauce(s) available.

Try this:
39817-albums371-picture4217.jpg

Welcome to DC, Tori!

Bland pulled pork can be a sort of blank slate. Add to baked beans, mix with refried beans, make soup, chop up and mix into chow mein for some true fusion cooking.

+2 on the tacos!

Back
Top Bottom