Local Honey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
in the kitchen...?

Admittedly, my knowledge of honey is not up to par. I've got a feeling I'm buying the honey plus corn syrup type since I'm getting it from the supermarket. Knowing there is something purer makes me want that, now. But, I have a question for you. Is there some way to re-liquify the pure honey after it solidifies?

I don't see any bees

I hadn't thought about it but I never see any either. My word, when we were kids, we were always limping into the house to put baking soda paste on the stings.

well we have a bee farm not far fromhere about a mile who make really good honey and your right..

its like if you have allergies they say every time you get pricked with nettle you get a lil bit more immune hence why people drink nettle tea!!

What we did

VeraBlue said:
Admittedly, my knowledge of honey is not up to par. I've got a feeling I'm buying the honey plus corn syrup type since I'm getting it from the supermarket. Knowing there is something purer makes me want that, now. But, I have a question for you. Is there some way to re-liquify the pure honey after it solidifies?

After is solidifies which is good thing, take container and put in warm water over pilot on stove. Always change water when it becomes cold. It does take time but it will return to liquid again. If you want to do something the best way always seems to take time. They have said when you heat honey you take out the best part. I feel any time you change something from natural state by heating you are destroying what you really need. Others have said just like sugar only I prefer honey to sugar as sweetner.

I only hope we don't lose the chance to buy the honey when we want it. Takes long time for the bees to make a jar of honey. I had that pounded in my head. Not to waste any of it.

In the Kitchen said:
Some beekeepers add corn syrup to the honey in order to have more to sell. When corn syrup is added the honey normally will not congeal like pure honey. I would rather buy honey that has already settled and know I am getting pure honey rather than diluted. But when you sell pure honey people complain that it did not stay liquid but got thick. If only you could inform people of these facts. There is always some kind of proof if something is pure.
Is honey supposed to not be thick? I'm pretty sure I've always been buying pure. I just looked on my little honey bear in my cabinet and it just says "pure clover honey". There is no ingredients list.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom