"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 09-14-2010, 12:07 AM   #31
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD View Post
Chesapeak Bay blue crab, soft shell crab, and oysters.
I've only been here a few months, but it seems to me here it's less about the type of crab and more about it being cooked in Old Bay. :)
Here are a couple others I've noticed since I've moved to the state:
Gelati/frozen custard from Rita's or The Cow (my husband prefers the former, I prefer the latter)
Build-your-own-burgers with a list of topping choices the length of my arm
Pit beef/pork/chicken-Even though it was so freezing when I went to a game that my sandwich was cold by the time I made it to my seat, the pit pork sandwich I got from Boog's Barbecue in Camden Yards may be the best pork sandwich I've ever had.
Utz chips, especially: The Crab Chip

I'll also list a few for the Seattle area, where I lived just before here, and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, where I grew up.
The UP- The fish everyone else uses for bait: Perch fish fries and smoked smelt
Fresh wild blueberries
Maple syrup
Fudge

Seattle:
Spam, Rice & Eggs (More famous in Hawaii, and you won't see it in many restaurants, but there's such a big Polynesian population, it's hard to make friends and not see this one.)
Pho (oh how I miss pho!) (on every corner)
Teriyaki (also on every corner)
Strawberry Lemonade
Sushi-so fresh!
Kidd Valley Garlic Fries & Shakes (best eaten at Safeco Field, watching Ichiro whiz around the bases, of course)
Korean food
Thai food (I dream about pad thai and panang curry)
Johnny's Seasoning
I don't drink personally, but the Pacific NW is also packed with local breweries.

Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote