This one has carrot and I dont know if you like carrots but you can try.
- 2 medium onions, sliced very thin
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) butter*
- 2.2 lb. (1 kg) carrots, peeled and cut into pieces
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) gingerroot, peeled and sliced very thin
- 6 cups (1.5 L) chicken broth*
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1-2 tsp. (5-10 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream* (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) chopped chives
In a large pot, sweat the onion in butter over medium heat for 2 min.
Add carrots, tomatoes and ginger and cook another 5 min.
Add broth, bring to a boil and simmer 20 min.
Put everything through the blender, return to pot and heat before serving.
Season to taste with salt, freshly ground pepper and nutmeg.
Stir in cream if desired and serve.
Garnish with chopped chives.