"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 06-28-2007, 05:40 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Question Looking for Info!

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for content for my website. I currently have an articles and information section that I'm trying to build, but I'm finding it hard to keep up since I'm so busy. I'd like to get about 50 or 60 articles in total on the page so I have a good base that I can periodically add to. I'd like to start focusing on a newsletter but need this section up to par first.

Can anyone help?

Old 06-30-2007, 03:42 PM   #2
Senior Cook

What type of articles are you looking for? What sort of information are you looking to post?

Do you want original articles or articles from different places on the web that you can site and post links to?

Do you want articles pertaining to food and cooking?

"What we do, more than anything we say, reveals what we truly value the most." - An Unknown Soldier
BettyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:37 PM   #3
Assistant Cook

I'm looking more for original articles. If you check out my website's articles page you'll see the type of content I'm looking for.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:17 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

What are you willing to pay for good original articles?

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:23 PM   #5
Assistant Cook

Perhaps if the articles were to draw visitors in I may consider paying in the future. I've already spent quite a bit of money and time to get this thing off the ground, including a fair amount of 80 page custom colour catalogues for our products.

However, I will say that my traffic has been doing quite well and looks promising for the future. In fact, I've at least doubled my visitors every month since April to about 1000 per/month. This traffic, mixed with some real estate may be a little enticing for someone with a website of their own.

If content isn't something you can do for me, could you at least give me a little feedback about the site?
Old 07-04-2007, 07:44 AM   #6
Head Chef

Wanna give us the site URL?
Old 07-04-2007, 09:33 AM   #7
Assistant Cook

unclechili.com

In the Articles and Information section. While your there, let me know what you think?
Old 07-04-2007, 11:49 AM   #8
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclechili
unclechili.com

In the Articles and Information section. While your there, let me know what you think?
You asked what we thought and here's my thinking on this. Interesting site, but I feel that your original post is more a solicitation for your commercial site rather than a request for information. Not sure if this is allowed on this forum so this could open up a whole new can of worms.

Old 07-04-2007, 03:55 PM   #9
Assistant Cook

I can certainly appreciate your concern. I've actually spoken with some of the moderators about this and it was decided that I wasn't soliciting. I didn't post my URL in the original post or my signature because I didn't think it was appropriate. I was also pretty reluctant to post it anywhere in this thread because I don't want to impose on the people using this form.

I really am trying to build up an information section for my visitors and for my own use as well. I would definately not refuse if someone whished to order something, but I joined this forum in hopes of learning and meeting others that are interested in cooking. I really would like to focus on my content just as much as my products.