Looking for opinions on what to stock in my deli

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks every body. We are looking forward to the next few years, for sure. I've had a restaurant before for 13 years, so I know what to expect when it comes to working hours. This time it is a bit different as we are also incorporating retail sales. I'll let you know what we are adding as time goes by...:yum:

Congrats on the new project - very cool!

I second the olive bar. Many stores have cured olives but I keep seeing the same old mixture. Niciose, some cured fat italians and a couple more would make a great start. You could also sell a rough cut olive tapenade made in house, as a great appetizer or sandwich stuffing. Does anyone in your area sell muffulettas? You could be the first ;)

Are you set up to make sandwiches? It's really nice to be able to go into a deli and order a simple fresh to go sandwich with quality ingredients.

I've been thinking about this and I think you should sell the things that you use and use the things that you sell.

If a customer enjoys a salad, sandwich, soup, etc... and they want to know what makes it special you can steer them to one of your signature products or secret ingredients on the shelf. If a customer asks about one of the products on the shelf you can steer them to the menu items that use those products.

Sort of a circular approach to marketing. :dizzy:

Back
Top Bottom