Looking for uses for leftover roast beef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babyhuggies

Senior Cook
hey there everyone! well i have a big piece of roast leftover and not sure of what to do with it. besides sandwiches,or using it in a shepards pie what can i do with it. It was to good to have it go to waste.
thanks in advance ---

cube it small and use it for chilli.

--or--

slice thin, re-heat in a pan with a little evoo, add a splash of beef stock. when heated thru, put on open buttery garlic bread, top with raw onions, cheddar cheese and put under broiler to melt cheese. sorta like an open philly cheesesteak/french dip.

Beef hash, add lots of onions, add mushrooms, make a thick sauce and dump it over rice. Yummmooooooo

Shred it up, toss it in a bowl with your favourite bbq sauce (or teriyaki sauce), use a generous amount so that there's excess sauce. Heat the sauce coated meat up briefly in a frying pan and serve either with cooked rice or thin pasta such as rice vermicelli :)

I usually throw every leftover in a pan with a few eggs well beaten , add mushrooms, and grate cheese on top and call it a Hyaizza(Hyacinth being my name and 'izza' being pizza without the 'P'!anything goes, beans, veggies, meat etc.Somehow I am fond of adding baked beans to any leftover in my Hyaizza.:chef:

Agree with IcyMist, always do.

Hash is a great idea.

We like to use the hash for breakfast.

Fry it up, put a couple of eggs on top and serve with some home fries, or fruit, or with fried tomatoes.

Hash and eggs, a great combination, at least here.

Take care.

Piccolina said:
Shred it up, toss it in a bowl with your favourite bbq sauce (or teriyaki sauce), use a generous amount so that there's excess sauce. Heat the sauce coated meat up briefly in a frying pan and serve either with cooked rice or thin pasta such as rice vermicelli :)

I also shredded the beef and add BBQ sauce and make BBQ beef sandwiches on sourdough rolls. Serve it with your favorite potato or macaroni salad and baked beans and you have a great dinner.

I like to slice the beef thin or cut into bitesize peices, toss with slightly chopped tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion and black olives, feta cheese and Italian or Greek salad dressing. A good bread and a glass of Syrah wine...heaven.

Another great use for left-over roast beef; Shred it, put it in a pot with enough water to moisten, add coriander, cumin, and cilantro, some chopped halepino, salt & pepper, serve hot in fresh or crispy corn tortillas, or rollinto flour tortillas with rifried beans and suitable veggies for shredded beef tacos, burritoes, tacitos, etc. Have good salsa and shredded sharp cheddar cheese on hand. Som fresh avacado slices or gracamole would go well with this.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

An 'almost' Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
Saute mushrooms, onions, garlic & peppers, add slices of steak & provolone, place on a pizza crust or quesadillas and bake.

Steak Salad
Thin slices of steak, crumbled feta cheese, red onions, artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, garlic croutons, evoo & balsamic vinegar, on mixed greens.

Pasta Steak Salad - same as above - add cooked tri-color rotini, caesar dressing.

This is a meal in itself.

2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/3 cup Olive Oil
Thinly sliced cooked roast beef or grilled flank steak
1 lb. small red potatoes, cooked and sliced
1/2 lb. fresh green beans, steamed until crisp tender
1 jar (6 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
1/4 lb. mushrooms, sliced
green onions, sliced, including tops

Whisk together vinegar, mustard, pepper and garlic Powder. Slowly add oil, beating constantly. Place beef strips in large salad bowl; add dressing and toss. Add remaining ingredients and gently toss before serving. Arrange bed of lettuce on individual plates and serve steak salad over top.

Last edited:
I am with Michele stir fry it...
or I sometimes will use it to make a sub with the
meat and provolone,heated...
BUT the stir fry idea is the best imo :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom