Looking for white creamy pasta recipe - don't know what its called, can only describe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OM2

Assistant Cook
I'm looking for a recipe - I don't know what it's called - all I can do is describe it!

It's a white creamy pasta dish - with a few vegetables - like carrots and peppers

It wasn't dry, I'd describe as being not thick and creamy - more runny in texture almost

I assume it had cheese in

Apart from the above - that's all I have :)

I remember having it at college (zillions of years ago!)

Anyone have any idea what it could be?
I'm assuming that there are 100's of white pasta dishes?
I'd search for myself to start - but have no idea 'what' to search for!

Any help would be great!

Thanks

OM

thanks for the replies
i googled both and don't think they're the ones i'm looking for
i looked at images

the recipe i had in mind had 70% sauce, 30% pasta and 10% veg
the 2 recipes suggested are much more dry by the looks of it

thanks

Knorr Hollandaise or Bechamel from the packet? Good stuff, that!

Last edited:
The pictures are never going to look right, you need to read the sauce recipes and see if that is what you want. Some people want more sauce, some less, that is a choice that can be made afetr it's on your plate.

I think the base for most white sauces is bechamel. Maybe search that and variations of the sauce.

It sounds like it would be a pasta in a basic white sauce with veggies. Here is one version of the recipe, but you could put in whatever type of pasta or veggies you might want. There are many kinds of white sauces. Some use cream. Some use milk. Some have cheese, some do not. Wine in some. It can be as thick or thin as you wish.

Hope it helps!

It sounds like it would be a pasta in a basic white sauce with veggies. Here is one version of the recipe, but you could put in whatever type of pasta or veggies you might want. There are many kinds of white sauces. Some use cream. Some use milk. Some have cheese, some do not. Wine in some. It can be as thick or thin as you wish.

Hope it helps!

thanks for all the replies guys
kathleen: you're the winner :)
i think that recipe looks pretty close
the actual dish was pretty plain and not adventurous + mass 'manufacture' cooked to be served at college (but... i absolutely loved it!!)

i'm going to give your recipe a go tmrw

thanks!

thanks for all the replies guys
kathleen: you're the winner :)
i think that recipe looks pretty close
the actual dish was pretty plain and not adventurous + mass 'manufacture' cooked to be served at college (but... i absolutely loved it!!)

i'm going to give your recipe a go tmrw

thanks!

I would likely add a bit of minced onion. No more than a tablespoon. One entire onion seems like a lot to me if you want a subtle taste. You can slowly thicken the milk and butter with a bit of cornstarch, if you want it a bit thicker. (She mentions maida, but does not say how much. For a cup of milk, a teaspoon or two of flour should be enough, but be sure to cook it long enough to not taste pasty.) Or the cheese might do it depending on what you use.

You can search for white sauces and add what you want to them until you achieve the taste you want.

Last edited:
You are so welcome. I cannot wait to hear what you come up with. The lovely thing about a basic white sauce is you can make as much as you want, and it is a good base for a lot of things. If using flour, I make sure it cooks on low a full minute after it has stopped thickening.

Back
Top Bottom