Low & slow on a foreman?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chile Chef

Sous Chef
Do you think the Gorge foreman generation G5 grill can cook low & slow?

Only reason I'm I can't have a gas grill or a propane grill at the place where I live even though I pay rent.

And I would like to start some wings today, However I have a Gorge foreman only!

foreman's about quick & high cooking. mine cooks fast- mine's a single-person grill.

No oven??
Yes I have an Oven, But I like to watch the grill lines appear, lol.

foreman's about quick & high cooking. mine cooks fast- mine's a single-person grill.
That's kind of what I'm thinking.

Last time I've done wing's on the foreman for 45 minutes the bone was very pink, and the meat was fully cooked, I don't know what happened.

Cook them in the oven and then GF them is your only option I see. Wings have too many places that won't make direct contact with the foreman.

you could slow cook them, then grill them. temp them, though, before grilling them.

A Foreman Grill, or any other brand of similar design, is not designed for low and slow cooking like what you can do outdoors on a gas, wood or charcoal grill/smoker.

A slow cooker is for moist cooking, things like soups, stews, braises like pot roast or coq au vin - things like that.

If you want to use a Foreman type grill to make wings - just do them in batches grilling the like segments in each batch (drumettes in one batch and the other segment in another batch).

Last edited:
Thanks Micheal, Here's what the wings look like on the foreman after about 6 hours in a slow cooker.

Sorry about the crappy picture.

538436358_abC9W-L.jpg

were they yummy?
They we're very tasty.

Here's what I've done to them.

First steps.

Got the slow cooker out.
Added Chinese 5 spice 1 teaspoon.
Added Poultry seasoning 1 teaspoon.
Added 1 Bay leaf.
Added 1 teaspoon koser salt.
Added 12 wings.

Let cook for 6 hours.

Now get the wings out of the juice and save the smalts for maza ball soup.

Get the gorge foreman out, Set it to low and let it warm up.

Place 6 at a time on the foreman, cook 10 minutes,

Turn the foreman to medium cook another 10 minutes,

Turn the foreman on high and let cook for 10 minutes and slather the bbq sauce on one side.

cook the wings for another 5 minutes on the one side, then turn the wings over and cook for another 5 minutes.

Do this twice, And eat.

Now get the wings out of the juice and save the smalts for maza ball soup.

Matzoh ball soup with Chinese 5-spice...I'm trying to wrap my head around that :LOL:

Chicken thighs cook in about 4 hours. It seems like 6 hours is a very long time and then the added 30 minutes on the Foreman? 30 minutes on a foreman should just about cook them from the raw state...just about.

I think you would be safe with less time in the crockpot...3 - 3 1/2 hours maybe? Remove, add sauce and place in Foreman on medium high for about 5 minutes or so...long enough to get some grill marks and get the sugars to brown from the bbq sauce and crisp them up.

Matzoh ball soup with Chinese 5-spice...I'm trying to wrap my head around that :LOL:

Chicken thighs cook in about 4 hours. It seems like 6 hours is a very long time and then the added 30 minutes on the Foreman? 30 minutes on a foreman should just about cook them from the raw state...just about.

I think you would be safe with less time in the crockpot...3 - 3 1/2 hours maybe? Remove, add sauce and place in Foreman on medium high for about 5 minutes or so...long enough to get some grill marks and get the sugars to brown from the bbq sauce and crisp them up.
30 minutes doesn't cook them on the foreman even at high temp, I've tried that all ready!

And the bones were redish pink in the middle.

kitchenelf, I may break a lot of rules when I cook, But you know what? Who cares!

As long long as it goes in to my gut and my gut only why not? And further more some rules are meant to be broken, Specially in cooking.

First, I didn't say you were breaking any rules...simply stating that you could possibly eat sooner!!! :LOL: 30 minutes on the foreman...I said "almost".

As far as the matzoh with 5-spice - - - - my head wrapped around it somewhere in the middle of the night - - I think it would actually be awesome!

In cooking there are very few rules. Cooking is all about changing things up and keeping things interesting! :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom