"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-27-2011, 04:31 PM   #11
Master Chef
 
Kayelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south central coast/California
Posts: 9,876
Joy, here's the recipe for the noodles I mentioned. You could add shrimp, or really any protein for a main dish. Last summer we were all nuts for them....
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f17/iso-sesame-noodles-68813.html
__________________

__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #12
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,349
A great deal depends on what you both like to eat.

If you're not too far away from the soccer field, just about anything can be on the menu. With insulated picnic carriers and containers, you can keep foods hot for a long time. So, yo can get as fancy or complicated as you want and be able to deliver it ready to go.

Perhaps some grilled panini. There's a whole thread on how to make reubens.
__________________

__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:06 PM   #13
Master Chef
 
Aunt Bea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: near Mount Pilot
Posts: 7,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbur View Post
You can take hot dogs in a small cooler. Put the dogs in the cooler and cover with boiling water. They'll be cooked by the time you meet.

I thought my Mom was the only one that did that! She used an old thermos bottle. It held about four hotdogs and kept them hot for hours
__________________
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:35 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanabox View Post
That sounds wonderful! I want to get some cold soup recipes and try them out.
I have several, In fact I put up one for cantaloupe not so long ago. I'll look and see what I can find,
kadesma
Cold Cantaloupe Soup TNT This is lovely and s
o goodkades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,349
when my late husband and i were working people in the 60's. we met almost everyday in the city park. i would walk from my work and meet him there. we never had anything fancy, and the meal for us was not the point. we could talk about anything, no kids. we stopped doing that when i moved my camera shop to another part of town. i loved it and him.
__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Here are some of the soups I have. Each is great, I'll list them if there are any you'd like let me know and I'll post for you,
Kades
1. Strawberry soup, Plum souppeacg,melon gazpacho, I also have an avocado soup,cucumber soup,and raspberry soup.
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:36 PM   #17
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Joy, here's the recipe for the noodles I mentioned. You could add shrimp, or really any protein for a main dish. Last summer we were all nuts for them....
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f17/iso-sesame-noodles-68813.html
Thank you so much! I can't wait to try them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
I have several, In fact I put up one for cantaloupe not so long ago. I'll look and see what I can find,
kadesma
Cold Cantaloupe Soup TNT This is lovely and s
o goodkades
Have you ever made it without the sherry? I wouldn't want my hubby to smell like booze to head to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
when my late husband and i were working people in the 60's. we met almost everyday in the city park. i would walk from my work and meet him there. we never had anything fancy, and the meal for us was not the point. we could talk about anything, no kids. we stopped doing that when i moved my camera shop to another part of town. i loved it and him.
That is such a sweet story. I really enjoy meeting him for lunch, it's a change of pace for both of us and we can just be together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Here are some of the soups I have. Each is great, I'll list them if there are any you'd like let me know and I'll post for you,
Kades
1. Strawberry soup, Plum souppeacg,melon gazpacho, I also have an avocado soup,cucumber soup,and raspberry soup.
Could I please have the Strawberry, Raspberry and the avocado They all sound wonderful!
__________________
Happy Cooking!!
Joy

betterthanabox.org
betterthanabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
All the soups have some wine or sherry I don't see why a sparkling water or apple cider couldn't be use. For the kids I use cider.Anyway here is the strawberry soup you will need 3 pints stem removed berries 1/4 cup sugar or more to taste pinch of cardamom 2 cups white or rose wine plus more to thin your soupmilled black pepper and 2 Tab. chopped mint leaves. Set aside 2 cups of berries, coarsely chop remaining berries and place in blender add the sugar cadamom and 2 cups of wine or cider Blend til mix is smooth Transfer to soup tureen and taste add more sugar if you wish Thin with additional liquid if woup is too thick Season with pepper refrigerate about 2 hrs. Meanwhile slice the reserved berries sprinkle with 1 tab sugar and refrigerate , to serve divide sliced berries among individual bowls and ladle chilled soup over them. Grind black pepper over each bowl and scatter chopped mint over each bowl.
kades
Avocado soup
Heat 2 Tab. evoo in small skillet over med heat. Add 1 small white onion minced and saute till limp about 10 min. Add3 minced serrano chiles saute 5 min and add 3 garlic cloves minced saute 2 min more Remove from heat and cool slightly. Cut 3 hass avocados in hal remove pits , scoop out the flesh and place in blender or f/p add half of3-1/2 cups chicken brothand add the onion mixture and puree. Put in a large container stir in remaining broth and refrigerate til chilled at least 3 hrs. Stir in 2-3 Tab. of lime juice put in1-1/2 tab. cilantro or more if you prefer before I dish this up I add some crumbled bacon and and about 2 oz of blue cheese this goes on top of each serving---enjoy
Raspberry soupsoak 1-1/2 envelopes of gelatin in 1/3 cup cold water for 5 min. Stir in 3/4 c. hot water and dissolve over low heat. Push raspberries through a strainer to remove seeds then puree Combine3 10oz packs of thawed berries, 3-1/2cups sour cream (28)oz1-1/3 c. pineapple juice1-1/3c. half and half 1-1/3 c. of sherry I'd use some milk 1/3 c. grenadine 2 Tab lemon juice garnish with mint some whole raspberries Put everything in glass bowl cover and refrigerate when ready to serve sprinkle with garnishes listed... This can be frozen and served like a yogurt snack
kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:54 AM   #19
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
All the soups have some wine or sherry I don't see why a sparkling water or apple cider couldn't be use. For the kids I use cider.Anyway here is the strawberry soup you will need 3 pints stem removed berries 1/4 cup sugar or more to taste pinch of cardamom 2 cups white or rose wine plus more to thin your soupmilled black pepper and 2 Tab. chopped mint leaves. Set aside 2 cups of berries, coarsely chop remaining berries and place in blender add the sugar cadamom and 2 cups of wine or cider Blend til mix is smooth Transfer to soup tureen and taste add more sugar if you wish Thin with additional liquid if woup is too thick Season with pepper refrigerate about 2 hrs. Meanwhile slice the reserved berries sprinkle with 1 tab sugar and refrigerate , to serve divide sliced berries among individual bowls and ladle chilled soup over them. Grind black pepper over each bowl and scatter chopped mint over each bowl.
kades
Avocado soup
Heat 2 Tab. evoo in small skillet over med heat. Add 1 small white onion minced and saute till limp about 10 min. Add3 minced serrano chiles saute 5 min and add 3 garlic cloves minced saute 2 min more Remove from heat and cool slightly. Cut 3 hass avocados in hal remove pits , scoop out the flesh and place in blender or f/p add half of3-1/2 cups chicken brothand add the onion mixture and puree. Put in a large container stir in remaining broth and refrigerate til chilled at least 3 hrs. Stir in 2-3 Tab. of lime juice put in1-1/2 tab. cilantro or more if you prefer before I dish this up I add some crumbled bacon and and about 2 oz of blue cheese this goes on top of each serving---enjoy
Raspberry soupsoak 1-1/2 envelopes of gelatin in 1/3 cup cold water for 5 min. Stir in 3/4 c. hot water and dissolve over low heat. Push raspberries through a strainer to remove seeds then puree Combine3 10oz packs of thawed berries, 3-1/2cups sour cream (28)oz1-1/3 c. pineapple juice1-1/3c. half and half 1-1/3 c. of sherry I'd use some milk 1/3 c. grenadine 2 Tab lemon juice garnish with mint some whole raspberries Put everything in glass bowl cover and refrigerate when ready to serve sprinkle with garnishes listed... This can be frozen and served like a yogurt snack
kadesma
Thanks! I can't wait to give them a try!
__________________
Happy Cooking!!
Joy

betterthanabox.org
betterthanabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:13 PM   #20
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 476
Thanks everyone for your help!
__________________

__________________
Happy Cooking!!
Joy

betterthanabox.org
betterthanabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lunch

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.