Macadamia nut ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XeniA

Sous Chef
I've got a nice bunch of macadamia nuts on hand because they were on sale so I couldn't resist. However, short of just sitting here and stuffing my face with them (which I could easily do:pig: ), I thought they deserved something better. Thing is, I'm fresh out of ideas. Can anybody help?

Ayrton, you can make Chocolate Macademia Nut Muffins. The recipe is here. Alternatively, if you are into Asian cooking and a recipe calls for candlenuts, you can replace them with macademia nuts.

Oh I am jealous!! They are so hard to find here and if you do it is ridiculously expensive!!

I love the combination of macadamia nuts and white chocolate. We made an ice cream with this combo once, it was heavenly:rolleyes: Also another favourite is white choc chip macadamia cookies, you can use the basic choc chip and nuts cookie recipe and replace them with white chocolate and macadamia nuts. Yummm!!

There is always another option if you are stumpted with ideas, send them over to me!!:ROFLMAO: j/k!

how about an entree?

crush your nuts :( , then use as a "breading" for fish, mixed with a little butter and herbs.

Thanks all of you! All ideas sound good and I'm intriqued by the savory breading idea, BuckyTom. Maybe I'll have to hop out and get some more!

Woah, a motherlode of macadamia nut recipes just showed up! Thank you, Daisy!

They look great -- especially the blueberry muffs and the shortbread!

Oh I had the most wonderful white chocolate and macadamian nut cookie the other day.....I'm sure there's all kinds of recipes for these if you google.

You can also make Macademia Nut Pie, Use your
favorite pecan pie recipe and substitute the
macademias for the pecans. You can also roast
them a little before adding them to the mix.
I like using the light corn syrup, but its good
both ways.

Back
Top Bottom