Madagascar 4X Vanilla Extract

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corinne

Sous Chef
Mystic, CT - transplanted from Lancaster, PA
My in-laws are on some sort of diet. Raw? Vegan? I dunno. Seems like all they eat are nuts, vegetables, & fruit. I guess seaweed is a vegetable...
Anyway, Mom makes their own ice cream & she has used the item I mentioned in the title. She loves it & would like to get more. The price is a bit prohibitive, shall we say. Does anyone know where to get a "good deal" on some good stuff? :ermm:

It seems that she spends most of her time using nuts & grains & berries to make things that taste like the "real thing". I say, "Life is too short - eat the real thing!" How does that quote go: something about "who wants to die healthy with a nice looking corpse"?! :wacko:

Thank you!

Um...Penzey's? Thats all I can come up with. Sorry Corinne. Hope she finds what she wants.

Geez Corinne, I've never even heard of 4X vanilla extract. The only one I know is the double-strength, and that's expensive.

I recently bought Madagascar Bourbon vanilla bean paste. It's still unopened. It's supposed to have those vanilla pod seeds to give that gourmet appearance and can replace vanilla bean/extract in any recipe. Don't know if it will taste better than regular vanilla extract though. It should, righht? This will be my first time to use real vanilla as opposed to artificial vanilla extract. I plan to use it in a couple weeks to make dessert profiteroles at a dinner party ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom