Maggi Seasoning - sis wants to know

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

velochic

Sous Chef
I'm asking this for my sister, who does not have internet access. She bought a bottle of something called Maggi Seasoning for a Thai (? I think) dish. Now she has this sitting in her cupboard and would like to have other things to use it in. I looked it up on google, but I wasn't much help because I really can't figure out if this is just liquid MSG or something else entirely. I don't know much about these types of ingredients, so I promised her I'd ask here. Does anyone have suggestions for using it?

TIA!

Thank you so very much. Many answered questions. I will print out these posts, the links and pass them on to her. No wonder I have never used it... has MSG. Big no-no in this house.

Its great for veggies and I also use it in brown gravy to add another layer of flavor!

I mostly use it in something I call "German Corn" (a German lady taught me to make it sooo....)

~German Corn~
Fry half onion in butter until crispy even slightly burnt (adds a deep rich flavor)
add onions to family size servig of corn (canned, fresh, or frozen is fine)
add couple splashes Worchestershire sauce, couple splashes of maggi seasoning sauce, 1 Tbl of butter, salt and pepper , heat in microwave till warmed through. Brings corn to a whole new level with a very unique flavor!
A hit for all I have served it to!

Back
Top Bottom