make ahead meals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Juliev, I don't know where you are from, but White Castles are a staple in the upper midwest. They come in a six pack (to match beer, I guess) and are a bit over four bucks at Wally World.

I'm in western NY... close to Lake Erie.. that would explain why I can't find them around here..

amber said:
hmmm not a bad idea Claire. And a bag of salad too. I already have a loaf of garlic bread in the freezer to go with it. My husband is weird, he doesnt put dressing on salad! Yuck!! :LOL:
Your husband sounds like my dad. Sometimes he uses a little dressing on his salads, but most of the time he doesn't. He says that people who put dressing on their salads are just trying to cover up the flavor of their salad! I, on the other hand, believe a little dressing enhances the flavor!

:) Barbara

yea me to Barbara, I like creamy Italian dressing on my salad, it just enhances the flavor. Salad by itself without dressing is bland to me.

Otter said:
Juliev, I don't know where you are from, but White Castles are a staple in the upper midwest. They come in a six pack (to match beer, I guess) and are a bit over four bucks at Wally World.

is there really an actual Wally World?

There are no white castles anywhere near me, but we buy the boxed frozen ones, as they make great after-school snacks that the kids can make themselves.
JulieV - check your grocer's freezer!

jkath said:
Otter said:

is there really an actual Wally World?

There are no white castles anywhere near me, but we buy the boxed frozen ones, as they make great after-school snacks that the kids can make themselves.
JulieV - check your grocer's freezer!

I will definitely do that.. I have to run out later and get some red bell peppers.. I'm making crewsk's potato cakes and having red pepper dressing with them.. so I'll check it out then!

Yeah, jkath, Wally World is a nickname for Wal-Mart.

I remember White Castle .... from my childhood days. Dad would get a bag or two and a half-gallon jug of rootbeer. Shortly thereafter was about the time McDonalds hit the scene ... bigger and cheaper but didn't taste as good.

We also had a place called Crystal Palace - sort of a White Castle copy-cat.

I didn't go to Walmart..I avoid that place like the plague.. especially on the weekends.. if I go there, it's really early in the morning or late at night... my store didn't have any white castles.

I weigh in with some dressing. Doesn't have to be a lot, if you have great ingredients just a little olive oil and lemon will do it. Or hazelnut oil and sherry vinegar. or .... oh, dear. But dry greens in and of themselves, even when they are fresh out of my very own garden, do not do it for me. Bravo to those like it that way.

Juliev said:
I didn't go to Walmart..I avoid that place like the plague.. especially on the weekends.. if I go there, it's really early in the morning or late at night... my store didn't have any white castles.
Julie - my sister always says that Walmart on Friday night is the anteroom to redneck hell!!!

Back
Top Bottom