Making Balsamic Glace or Glaze ..... know the difference?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mixalis

Assistant Cook
I purchased a bottle of Italian Glace by Colavita. Since then I have purchased several bottles of balsamic vinegar and cooked it down to make my own. I have never seen it called Glace again so I've been using the term Glaze. I've, also, discovered that by dripping it around a plate for presentation with four half slices of lemon on each corner. As the lemon picks up the glace the sweetness of it and the sour of the lemon are a perfect compliment !! And it looks great ! While I've been unable to discover why they use the term Glace .... guess I'll just email the company !

They mean the same thing.

Glace is French. It's a marketing tool, which justifies a higher price, and convinces some people that they are getting something different.

French Glace !

And I must say "Thank You" for saving me a question to the Italian's to get a French answer !! No wonder they both tasted the same :)

I just go w/ Balsamic Reduction. Simple and to the point.

If you bring it down to where the bubbles are large, and "fluffy", you are there. For something a wee bit different, bring it back with a little honey. Goes great with practically everything from pork, to Vanilla Ice Cream/Fruit.

I just go w/ Balsamic Reduction. Simple and to the point.

If you bring it down to where the bubbles are large, and "fluffy", you are there. For something a wee bit different, bring it back with a little honey. Goes great with practically everything from pork, to Vanilla Ice Cream/Fruit.

It's amazing over raspberries, blackberries and strawberries. Really gives them a kick.

Honey

I never thought about honey... mine is always sweet as you evaporate the vinegar and moisture. It's fascinating to see the difference in flavors that can happen to it....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom