Making pesto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With your recipe - definitely!! It's the cognac in the commercial jar I have that I somehow can't seem to reconcile with pasta or fish. Chicken & crostini - yes.

You'll have to forgive me...I'm not a purist at all. I like my pesto without nuts.

I know, I know...it's not really pesto then. But it's still good a darned good puree.

I thank you for the interesting variations about pesto. I've copied them.
Oh, just a curiosity: "pesto" derives the name from "pestare", to pound. "Pounded" in a mortar....

Claire said:
have a policy of simply calling it something else if I vary from a very traditional recipe. When I make something according to tradition, I'll call it that. If I change an ingredient, I make up a name,

You bet, I learned that lesson decades ago. People have a pre-conceived
notion of what "mashed potatoes" are, and can get quite grumpy if potato skins, garlic, even pesto, shows up in them, I never call them mashed potatoes any more.

Another rule in my house was, if you ask what a particular ingredient is in a dish, and you get no response, you are not allowed to ask again. That was during a period of time when we were eating a lot of critters from the wild.

Thanks EVERYONE for your interesting pesto related comments, I really appreciate your time!

RDG said:
I thank you for the interesting variations about pesto. I've copied them.

You are very welcome, RDG.

Hope people will give them a try.

Back
Top Bottom