Mamoul - Dates Semolina Cookie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tehmeena

Washing Up
One of the traditional Arabian Cookies that i like most since my childhood. Again its a recipe from my mom. Best to eat in winters. Dates obviously we all know has countless benefits. Its rich in minerals, natural fibres and Vitamins, the only fruit that is healthy for body, stomach, skin and brain. By the use of Semolina and Dates, Mamoul cookies are baked. In fact its not only liked by me its always a favorite of my friends and family. Note down the ingredients for Mamoul plus the simple steps to be followed explained with sequentially pix taken.

MAMOUL - DATES SEMOLINA COOKIES
You will need:
0.5 kg of dates
5 cups of Semolina
3 cups of all purpose flour
2 cups of melted Clarified Butter/Butter
1/4 cup of Rose water
Mamoul Cookie mold
Steps to follow
Take out the seed from Dates. Mash the dates. Take a Bowl mix in all the ingredients from Semolina to Rose water.

Make the cookies from Mold as shown, follow the given steps;

Make a ball by filling dates inside

Now, press this mold into Mamoul pan,

Place the cookies on a rack,

Bake them, I sprinkles them with icing sugar, take it as optional;

Attachments

• ee.jpg
    ee.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 250
Last edited by a moderator:
Chicken Chronicles hmmmm
I acquired laying hens a few years ago. Chicken Chronicles are some of the stories about the girls (who all have names and are definitely the happiest hens around--there are two other "farmers" on the road who keep hens, but I know mine are the happiest :)).

One of the traditional Arabian Cookies that i like most since my childhood. Again its a recipe from my mom. Best to eat in winters. Dates obviously we all know has countless benefits. Its rich in minerals, natural fibres and Vitamins, the only fruit that is healthy for body, stomach, skin and brain. By the use of Semolina and Dates, Mamoul cookies are baked. In fact its not only liked by me its always a favorite of my friends and family. Note down the ingredients for Mamoul plus the simple steps to be followed explained with sequentially pix taken.

;
Thanks Tehmeena. I'll be trying these on my next baking day. What sort of temperature do you bake them at?

Back
Top Bottom