Marshmallow Pancake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonsieurAlex

Assistant Cook
Short read: I need to make marshmallow pancakes with gooey marshmallow embedded into the top of the marshmallow and would appreciate any suggestions

Kinda long read?:
Hello all, I need help with making Marshmallow pancakes in a specific way; I am trying to make marshmallow pancakes with gooey marshmallow embedded on top of the pancake. I've been working at making this for quite sometime and nobody I know has any suggestions and I could not find anything online. Everybody has told me that they've never heard such a thing except the person I'm trying to make it for and she doesn't know how either because someone made it for her; plus I would like to more or less do it without her knowing the process.

I can actually mimic what she described but the process that I do to make it is messy and I figure there might be a better way. I make a decent pancake and what I've been doing is cutting marshmallow pieces and placing them on top of the batter as soon as i've poured into the skillet, the biggest issue comes after I've flipped it because now the marshmallow is going to get stuck on the pan and also melt into the pancake. When I flip it over again, whatever marshmallow hasn't melted is stuck on the pan and whatever melted has left a crater in the pancake which is when I insert new marshmallows and let it melt for a few seconds and it comes out half decent. One of the biggest issues is that the pan will not have melted marshmallow all over it and it becomes difficult to cook another batter.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what I can do to avoid the major mess, please feel free to ask me any questions and I really appreciate any suggestions.

Also thank you for reading this long post if you did!

I've never made these, but I think it might work to add mini marshmallows after flipping the pancakes once.

The marshmallows would melt, but not get so sloppy they would burn.

so add it on the already cooked side instead? I've actually never tried that, haha. I was adamant on getting it in the pancake. Thanks for the suggestion!

You're welcome!

It was just a thought on how I would try it first.

Maybe getting them scorched like a fire cooked marshmallow would be the way to go. Let us know if you try it and how well it worked.

My first thought was: put the marshmellow on top of the cooked pancake and pop them under the broiler to melt and brown (or char) the marshmellow.

What if you mixed the marshmallow bits into the batter before adding it to the pan.

I haven't exactly tried that and will give it a try but I did put batter over the marshmallows to kind of sandwich it but it just melts inside the pancake. I think the way you suggest would still lead to the marshmallow getting messed up on the pan but I will try for sure!

Thank you!

My first thought was: put the marshmellow on top of the cooked pancake and pop them under the broiler to melt and brown (or char) the marshmellow.

Ahhh I haven't tried that yet and will give it a go but I'm worried it wouldn't really be embedded into the pancake and would rather look like syrup on the pancake.

Thank you!

I thought about that too, Andy, but I thought the marshmallows would scorch and stink up the house (unless you use a grill or somethin').

Then I thought that if I added the marshmallows after flipping the pancake, they wouldn't scorch. Whether or not they would be cooked enought????

I have some mini marshmallows, and a box of bisquick. The more I think about it, I think I'd really like the taste of toasted marshmallows.

Pancakes follow the same rules as cake. You could place a cast iron pan into a 350' oven to heat it, add the batter to make individual pancakes, and press min-marshmallows into the batter, in the pan. Then bake them for 5 to ten minutes, maybe browning the top under the broiler for another minute. That should give you what you're looking for.

You night want to reduce the heat to 300', so as not to overcook the bottom of the pancake before the top browns.

Using this method, you wouldn't have to flip the pancake.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Sorry for the responding or updating earlier but I had to deal with some stuff and wasn't cooking for a bit.

Thank you all for welcoming me, you're all very kind here.
As of right now, I have found my method of doing it to be the most effective but it's a bit ugly; a lot less messy now that I got a nonstick pan.

I would use marshmallow cream but I more or less want the mallows inside.

Thank you so much for the suggestion Chief Longwind Of The North, I will try this for sure the next time I do it and will update. The only thing I'm questioning is the visual of the pancake if I make it in the oven. I mean, the way I'm doing it now has the mallow part looking a bit uglier than the other side anyway =p

Getting this right means a lot to me and I just want to reiterate that it means a lot that you're all trying to help me. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom