Matzah flour/balls?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Come Passover I make everything by hand, including grinding the hand made matzo for the matzo balls. And then I'll use home made schmaltz without any doubt. However, I do not agree with overnight refrigeration. I do not see a point for that. 15-20 minutes is plenty and when I do not have time, i.e. Passover (there is whole bunch of time constrains) I’d do it without refrigerating them at all and they work fine. They are always soft. Very important in my family.

As far as them falling apart, the reason I mention that was because last Sunday I was making some and fallow the recipe to the "t" and they fell apart completely, it was terrible. As far as quantities of ingredients, like I said, I am not really sure. One thing I do know, you can't have too many eggs or they will taste eggy and that is big no-no for me and even more for my wife.

Last edited:
Chive and black pepper would work very well. I love a little dill in my mazoh balls, but that is because it goes so well with the chicken soup. not sure how that would work with ham.
Tarragon or parsley would be beautiful with the ham! :)

Back
Top Bottom