Mayo or Miracle Whip?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...What's your DH's opinion?

He doesn't notice any difference. Before he read the label, we did a taste test of BF and Hellman's and he thought I was tricking him and giving him the same sample twice. :LOL: When I tried it with Kraft [mayo] and Hellman's, he did notice a difference and picked out the Hellman's right away.

Strangely real mayonaise made with eggs and oil is very difficult to find in the shops here in Germany.
I like homemade mayonaise. :chef:

Mel

Mayonnaise!! I don't like Miracle Whip at all. And a few weeks ago, I made egg salad & the only mayo I could find was light...yuck, I can still taste it. It ruined the whole salad. Down here in Isla Mujeres it was always hard to find mayo without lime added so we bring Hellmans or Best Food with us from the States.

Our previous poll on this same topic - where Mayo beat out MW by over 2:1!

Yes - Hellmans and Best Foods are essentially same - although made by the same company in the same plant they do seem to be a little different.

Mayo and MW have different flavors. I usually keep both on hand for different uses .... I'll go through 3-qts of mayo (Hellmans) to 1 8-oz MW in a year. It's mainly used around Christmas when I buy a loaf of white bread ... and make turkey and ham sandwiches on white bread and MW to celebrate my childhood. And, yes, deviled eggs, too.

I have both MW and Kraft Mayo in fridge but that is due to DD working for the Kraft co. Helps to be Mom!!! Employee discounts rule!!

Back
Top Bottom