Mayo or Miracle Whip?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I prefer Mayonaise. I don't particularly care for Miracle Whip. What's funny is that my elder son like MW and my younger son prefer Mayo.

Much prefer mayo but MW with ketchup is pretty good as a sauce for shrimp.

Miracle Whip has a variety of seasonings in it that give it slightly sweet, tangy flavor, while mayonaise is simply greasy.

I stick with Hellman's ;) If Kraft had a sample jar or package I would try it.

We do too but had to try this. We were skeptical because it wasn't our trusty Hellman's but still alright.

When we moved from Oregon, my husband brought several jars of "Best Foods" mayo with him because he thought that was the best. It took several trips to the store and a thorough reading of the label for him to realize they [Best Foods and Hellman's] are one in the same, just named differently east and west of the Rockies.

We do too but had to try this. We were skeptical because it wasn't our trusty Hellman's but still alright.

When we moved from Oregon, my husband brought several jars of "Best Foods" mayo with him because he thought that was the best. It took several trips to the store and a thorough reading of the label for him to realize they [Best Foods and Hellman's] are one in the same, just named differently east and west of the Rockies.

I didn't realize Best Foods and Hellman's were the same. I might try the other stuff , I can be adventurous ;) but I hate wasting money or food if we don't like the product you know?

I use both!! Mayo on burgers, and ham sandwiches. MW for egg salad, tuna salad, chicken salad, and turkey sandwiches. Mayo for potato salad. MW for home made tarter sauce. DW is pretty close in likes and dislikes on this issue.

I do agree that it is mainly influenced by what you grew up on.

I use both!! Mayo on burgers, and ham sandwiches. MW for egg salad, tuna salad, chicken salad, and turkey sandwiches. Mayo for potato salad. MW for home made tarter sauce. DW is pretty close in likes and dislikes on this issue.

I do agree that it is mainly influenced by what you grew up on.
I wonder about that, since my 2 sons grew up on Hellman's . :huh:

I prefer Miracle Whip for everything except artichokes. I like mayonnaise for artichokes (I also like melted butter, but sometimes that is too rich).

:)Barbara

Both ... kinda like MW on sandwiches, but mayo in dips and recipes. And MW in egg salad is better too. Great question; it's funny how emphatic each camp can be on this one. I had a college roomie who wouldn't allow MW in the house (and we all had our own food)!

I use both. Depends on what I am making. DH prefers MW, I prefer Hellman's on sammies.

... [Best Foods and Hellman's] are one in the same, just named differently east and west of the Rockies.

This is true. However, I have heard it said, by people who have had both, that there is a difference in taste. I think it was that BF was as little sweeter.

What's your DH's opinion?

Back
Top Bottom