McCormick Recipe Inspirations Review (spices on a card)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrillingFool

Head Chef
Has anyone noticed these?
McCormick has come up with a new way to package a spice mixture!

SpanishChickenSkillet.ashx

They are separate blister packs of spices, along with a recipe card.
(Basically, it is a package of sauce mix in a new look.)

Found some cheap, decided to try them. So far, we have tried:

Shrimp Pasta Primavera
and
Chicken Tikki Masala

BOTH were surprisingly good! For the Chicken Tikki, I used greek yogurt instead of heavy cream, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly.

I have Carribbean Steak to try next... grilled steak and pineapple!

The Shrimp Pasta Primavera:

Attachments

• ShrimpPastaPrimavera.jpg
    ShrimpPastaPrimavera.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
I have all of the spices at home. I tried the spanish skillet and it was pretty good. I took a picture of the back of the package with my phone and since it tells you exactly what is in the package, I just measured myself.

I know this sounds really stingy but I had all of the spices and I wanted a quick skillet dinner. I tend not to be all that creative when cooking. Baking on the other hand is a different story.

I would definitely buy one if I didn't have a certain spice on hand, since these are pretty inexpensive. This is a great idea for those who don't have a cabinet full of spices. I know there have been times that I bought a spice for a recipe and never used it again.

Last edited:
The thing we like is that if you want to try a particular recipe and you don't have all the seasonings and spices, it is a fairly inexpensive way to try something new without buying a whole bottle or jar of a spice you don't have on hand or likely won't use all that often.
BTW, I never thought of the cell phone trick.....Just goes to show y'all.....you can learn something new ever'where you turn.

I thought it was quite expensive for what you get. But I have most any spice or herb I ever need.

My mom actually thought of something similar to this years ago...she thought that you should be able to buy a blister pack of premeasured spices - for example, a card with a dozen teaspoons of cinnamon. I don't use a lot of spices - I even have a few of the metal cans that McCormick used to use! I only use the whole cloves as "eyes" in the butter-duck we make at Easter so I don't feel an urge to replace them with newer, fresher spices.

Yeah, I had the same thoughts... Hey I have these spices at home, and a cell phone camera......... LOLOL!

I subscribe to McCormick's newsletter and was disappointed that they would list these dishes, but wouldn't give me the recipe to read, nor would they tell me which spices were used.

I really have to check some of these out at the store, maybe even try one, but only if I get the recipe and a listing of the spices and amounts. It sounds expensive.

The cards come with a list of spices and quantities and a recipe.. handy dandy index card size!

Which ones are best so far, that you definitely want to make again?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom