McDonald Fries are Bad for You!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love McDonalds fries.

I spend a good deal of my teenage/young adult yeras making them, too. I live a block from a McD but have gone (to any McD's) maybe 10-12 times in 10 years. And I usually don't order fries, so even though I love them, hardly ever eat them.

I love them, too, jenny, and even though I go to McDonald's even less frequently than you do, I get a quarter pounder with cheese and fries and love every single bite! :)

Lee

That video was nasty. The burgers were definitely gross. It's funny how they put the emphasis on the fries, though.

Is this like, something new? Practically everything at McDonalds is bad for you, that's what it tastes good (at least to some people, myself included). I eat fast food at least 3-4 times a week, but my fast metabolism, coupled with the fact that I work out 2-3 times a weeks helps.

Everything is bad, in excess. Moderation.

And fries do not sit around for weeks, hopefully. They are consumed and processed by the body within 12 hours.

I'm sorry, but McDonalds has the best fries of any fast food restaurant in the country. Other fast food restaurants promote their fries by comparing them to McDonald's.

When my son and I frist moved back to California from Albuquerque, we'd head over to In-N-Out and buy double doubles to go, then cruise the McDonalds drive-thru window on the way home to pick up fries!

It's rare that I meet a french fry that I don’t like! McDonalds has some awesome fries as long as they are fresh from the frier. I hate undercooked soggy or cold fries. They need to be stiff and have a bit of crunch to them.........and put some salt on them already!

Burger King has got an interesting fry with an extra crunchy outer skin that is a pleasure to eat.

Checkers has seasoned fries which are really nice. Anyone else have a Checkers near them?

When I lived in Phoenix, Checkers was an auto parts store. They didn't have fries. But back then, Fry's was a supermarket, and they did have fries, but not computer stuff.

We had rallys, which is a Checker, like hardees is carls Jr, yada yada yada, and oddly enough, I like all of there make of fries.

I like the thin battered spiced one of checkers/Rallys, and I LOVE Curly Fries from Hardees/Carls Jr.

McPuke best fries? I prefer KFC fries on those rare occassions when I'm craving them.

You sure like saying McPuke a lot huh? I suppose that sort of sardonic lexicality is humorous to some. Out of curiosity, did Ronald murder your favorite guinea pig or something?

As for McD’s fries being the best, in numerous national survey’s comparing the major fast food chains, McD fries are voted #1 63% or more of the time.

As for McD’s fries being the best, in numerous national survey’s comparing the major fast food chains, McD fries are voted #1 63% or more of the time.

As I recall Julia Child used to praise McDonald's fries, but I think that was in the days when McDonald's still used lard. Now those were some good tasting fries;) They just don't have that same flavor today.

Michael

Keltin is absolutley corect. The mold and mildew found on the sandwhiches and thicker fries could grow because of the moisture content contained in those foods. The thin fries at places like McDonald's and Burger King have had the natural moisture of the potatoe replaced by grease. The salt also inhibits the growth of microscopic organizms. Have you ever noticed that honey never molds? The same thing is taking place in that natural substance. It is in fact a hypo-tonic solution and molds/mildews cannot survive in it.

Jerkeys, pemican, and a host of foods have been dried, smoked, and salted to curb the growth of micro-organizms for centuries to keep them from spoiling. I would submit that potato chips would behave identically to the Micky-D's fries.

Now I'm not saying that the McDonald's french fries are not bad for your health. They contain little if any nutritional value and are choked full of fat and starches. In other words, they are the foods described as empty calories. They don't help your body, but rather, stress it, along with white flour, and other highly processed foods. That is where the danger in eating them really lies. They fill you and give you nothing good for your body.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

You sure like saying McPuke a lot huh? I suppose that sort of sardonic lexicality is humorous to some. Out of curiosity, did Ronald murder your favorite guinea pig or something?

keltin dude.... I could say a lot worst but seeing as this is a family forum, I'll refrain from saying :pig::pig::pig::pig::pig: that is McPuke. ;)

And yes, the Ronald killed my pig!!

Lady DeWinters said:
And yes, the Ronald killed my pig!!

Ahhh, that explains it. I thought I detected the slumbering desire for vengeance that can only be kindled in the inhumane and cold sickly shadow of pig extermination. I see now! :LOL:

I’m sorry about your pig. Poor guy. He wasn't a boneless pig was he? If so, it's the McRib’s fault as to why the little guy was targeted. ;)

Back
Top Bottom