"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 09-15-2007, 01:09 AM   #41
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
I have to admit they are my favorite fries. And even still I don't eat them alot. Maybe 5 times a year, and that's pushing it.

(And that was still a gross experiment)

Old 09-15-2007, 08:57 AM   #42
Sous Chef

We just don't eat fast food. Ever. Dd (5 years old) has never set foot in McDonald's and won't until she's able to buy it herself. That stuff is poison. That fellow that did the video... he was in the hospital after he did his SuperSize Me documentary because after eating McDonald's for a month solid, he was in liver failure. 'Nuff said.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:35 PM   #43
Executive Chef

Why are we only picking on MDs what about all the other fast food places and the stuff convience stores sell like the sweet rolls.giant muffins etc all made with transfat those scare me more than MDs fries.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:06 PM   #44
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
Why are we only picking on MDs what about all the other fast food places and the stuff convience stores sell like the sweet rolls.giant muffins etc all made with transfat those scare me more than MDs fries.

True enough... I guess I like picking on McD because it's a giant corporation that like to squash little ppl. I don't really like their policies when it comes to dealing with food. If they can find a loophole around it, they would.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:54 PM   #45
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
That fellow that did the video... he was in the hospital after he did his SuperSize Me documentary because after eating McDonald's for a month solid, he was in liver failure. 'Nuff said

Well duh that's his own idiotic fault. You're not supposed to eat it for every meal for a month.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:12 PM   #46
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Quote:
Originally Posted by middie View Post
That fellow that did the video... he was in the hospital after he did his SuperSize Me documentary because after eating McDonald's for a month solid, he was in liver failure. 'Nuff said

Well duh that's his own idiotic fault. You're not supposed to eat it for every meal for a month.
I so agree w/ you, I love a Big Mac and fries -- seldom though !
Old 09-15-2007, 07:30 PM   #47
Head Chef

I never eat at MD's but not because it is bad for me....just don't like anything they have. I do, however, indulge in many things that are "bad" for me but taste oh so good! I am afraid to say what fast food I do indulge in.......shhhhh it's Taco Bell.......
Old 09-15-2007, 07:51 PM   #48
Everymom

Yep to whoever said DUH! LOL. You need to do everything in moderation. And the dude in Supersize me didn't do ANYTHING at all. No exercise, just couch potato boy.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:38 PM   #49
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Yep to whoever said DUH! LOL. You need to do everything in moderation. And the dude in Supersize me didn't do ANYTHING at all. No exercise, just couch potato boy.

It's true but that's the whole part of the story. He let off exercising so he could pursue his theory when it comes to McD. I'm just amazed he could eat the entire menu from breakfast to dinner. Just thinking about it makes me sick. I don't know how he can do it all in the name of publicity.

I like the part where his GF is about to 'de-tox' him from eating McD. Hilarious!
Old 09-15-2007, 09:53 PM   #50
Senior Cook

I have knocked MD's for years but have to admit they have come up with some decent salads. I have had their Santa Fe chicken salad and I have to say I enjoyed it. Maybe they are repenting of their evil ways!