"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-03-2011, 08:25 PM   #11
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Timothy, I was hoping MsM would show up. She cooks and posts some of the most beautiful food pictures I've ever seen. If you want a daily dose of pictures from lots of people, make it a point to check out the dinner thread that's here at DC every day..

Oh my, I didn't mean to infringe on what exists in another thread already. This one can be meal photos of things you just want to try, so perhaps the two threads can co-exist without the lessening of either.

MsM has cooked some fantastic meals. OMG, her photos have done exactly what I intended with this thread; made me want to make them and they made me hungry!
__________________

__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:30 PM   #12
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Oh my, I didn't mean to infringe on what exists in another thread already. This one can be meal photos of things you just want to try, so perhaps the two threads can co-exist without the lessening of either.

MsM has cooked some fantastic meals. OMG, her photos have done exactly what I intended with this thread; made me want to make them and they made me hungry!
Thank you Timothy
__________________

__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #13
Master Chef
 
Kayelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south central coast/California
Posts: 9,869
Quote:
Oh my, I didn't mean to infringe on what exists in another thread already. This one can be meal photos of things you just want to try, so perhaps the two threads can co-exist without the lessening of either.
No problem at all, Timothy!! Nobody would ever complain about too many food pictures.

I just wanted to direct you to more.
__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:46 PM   #14
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
No problem at all, Timothy!! Nobody would ever complain about too many food pictures.

I just wanted to direct you to more.
I'm afraid I'm not very original in the meals I make. Creativity has never been my strong suit. I can, however, copy anything. I'm very good at following recipes to the letter! MsM's photos have given me dozens of ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Thank you Timothy
You're very welcome! The pleasure and the hunger is mine! That loud rumbling noise you hear is my stomach growling!
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #15
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
This one has ruined me! I am now going to go climb inside my refrigerator and come out only when it is completely empty....


This is the way to eat sushi:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3737550523_28f95bcd89_b.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	11687  
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #16
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,436
The closest you will get me to sushi is clams on the 1/2 shell (pass the lemon and hot sauce ..... slurp) and Nova Lox.
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #17
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
I'm afraid I'm not very original in the meals I make. Creativity has never been my strong suit. I can, however, copy anything. I'm very good at following recipes to the letter! MsM's photos have given me dozens of ideas!

You're very welcome! The pleasure and the hunger is mine! That loud rumbling noise you hear is my stomach growling!
I have posted some recipes. If you see something you like ask and if I don't have a recipe for it I will work one up for you. No problem (it may take a bit but remind me LOL)
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:18 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Timothy, I was hoping MsM would show up. She cooks and posts some of the most beautiful food pictures I've ever seen. If you want a daily dose of pictures from lots of people, make it a point to check out the dinner thread that's here at DC every day..

I agree. It always amazes me the pictures posted in that thread with nary a comment I guess a picture is not worth a thousand words
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:31 PM   #19
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
I have posted some recipes. If you see something you like ask and if I don't have a recipe for it I will work one up for you. No problem (it may take a bit but remind me LOL)
I certainly will! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
The closest you will get me to sushi is clams on the 1/2 shell (pass the lemon and hot sauce ..... slurp) and Nova Lox.
I like almost everything. I've only found a handful of things that I didn't care for. Have you ever tried any sushi? For years, I turned away from it because of it being so different. When I finally tried it, I fell in love with it! It was a million miles from what I expected.
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:37 PM   #20
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
I certainly will! Thank you!



I like almost everything. I've only found a handful of things that I didn't care for. Have you ever tried any sushi? For years, I turned away from it because of it being so different. When I finally tried it, I fell in love with it! It was a million miles from what I expected.
I am NOT a big seafood/fish person. So I don't think I will be getting any closer. Sorry
__________________

__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.