Meal Photos - Your favorites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The hardest thing for me is the time zones and I like to spend time with Mrs BDF in the evening so I very rarely look at the puter. I got up as usual at 05.30 am switched on and went for a stroll. I then have to play catch up, oooooh aaaaahh ooh ooh aah ooh ahh corr ahh blimey and I'm here hungry.
I don't view this or any other thread here as an ego trip or a competition. I post on occasion on two boards in the UK that are packed with pompous fools who rather than help just slag the newbs off. I get more posts removed for smacking these burks than posting recipes or advice.
Hats off and a hearty cheer for the mods ect but most of all you lot for contributing and making this place a foodie haven typo meant:)

Cheese and Potato Blintz

img_1038100_0_535baf17f22ec1c701502200380143a7.jpg

Oh my, gimme gimme gimme!

I Googled that vegetable tian and found the recipe here if anyone is interested. I know I'll be making it, downsized of course.

Miscellaneous pics

Atomic Buffalo Turds... wrapped in BACON
11-16abts.jpg

Marinated and grilled onion... wrapped in BACON
bacon wrapped marinated onion.jpg

A BLT sub made with grilled romaine and lots of BACON
BLT.jpg

Grilled asparagus... wrapped in BACON
grilled asparagus.jpg

Mexican bruschetta and grilled shrimp tossed in Buffalo wing sauce... wrapped in BACON
mexbruschettaandgrilledbuffaloshrimp.jpg

Steamed mussels... with BACON
with bacon.JPG

Do you see a theme? ;)

Pacanis, do you by any chance like bacon? :) All of that looks AWESOME, pretty sure I see some pork in my future.....

More random pics of dinners I have had

Grilled wings with blue cheese sauce
blue cheese wings.jpg

Grilled wings with garlic parm sauce
garlic parm wings.JPG

A grilled romaine salad with crostini
grilled romaine & crostini.jpg

Mexican bruschetta with a grilled portobello pizza
Mexican bruschetta & portobello pizza.jpg

Another grilled romaine salad with a sautéed balsamic & veggies dressing
romaine salad.jpg

mmmm, tacos...
tacos 11-23-09.jpg

The Thanksgiving dinner I made myself last year. I didn't make it actually on Thanksgiving, but better late than never. First time cooking turkey (parts).
Thanksgiving dinner 2010.jpg

I don't view this or any other thread here as an ego trip or a competition. I post on occasion on two boards in the UK that are packed with pompous fools who rather than help just slag the newbs off. I get more posts removed for smacking these burks than posting recipes or advice.
Hats off and a hearty cheer for the mods ect but most of all you lot for contributing and making this place a foodie haven typo meant:)

I agree wholeheartedly with you, Bolas! The Mods here do an outstanding job of keeping any spam, arguments and bullying off this wonderful site.

I came here from a very short visit to another site as well. It was FULL of bullies, fighting, snide remarks, cut-downs, foul language and arrogance. There were about 4 people there who were nice people and actually stayed on topic.

This place is like HEAVEN! Politeness, courtesy, tact and friendliness are the norm here. Plus, each thread stays on topic, (mostly), until the OP's question or subject is covered very well. Then, like most threads in most forums, they drift into obscurity.

I'm very glad that this thread has taken off so well. The pics of the foods have given me many, many ideas!

Bravo and Kudos to the Mods here! You've done well!

Miscellaneous pics

Atomic Buffalo Turds... wrapped in BACON
View attachment 11818

Marinated and grilled onion... wrapped in BACON
View attachment 11819

A BLT sub made with grilled romaine and lots of BACON
View attachment 11820

Grilled asparagus... wrapped in BACON
View attachment 11821

Mexican bruschetta and grilled shrimp tossed in Buffalo wing sauce... wrapped in BACON
View attachment 11822

Steamed mussels... with BACON
View attachment 11823

Do you see a theme? ;)

All of this looks sooooo yummy! I'm sorry I'm not a fan of the name of the first one tho

Shortbread Cookie Banana Pudding with a Whipped Cream Topping

Attachments

• Banana Pudding.jpg
    Banana Pudding.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 330
Thanks Lisa! Yep, I love bacon!
Thanks Matthew! I guess you could just call them stuffed jalapeños then, lol.

Basil, Goat Cheese and Tomato Quiche

Attachments

• Basil Goat Cheese and Tomato Quiche.jpg
    Basil Goat Cheese and Tomato Quiche.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 225
I Googled that vegetable tian and found the recipe here if anyone is interested. I know I'll be making it, downsized of course.

It really is not that big of a dish. I make it and eat the leftovers. I also made some changes to my recipe. I leave out the potatoes, because by the time they cook the other veggies are too well done for my tastes. I don't put the onions on the bottom, I thinly slice and replace the potatoes with them. I use dill instead of Thyme.

It really is not that big of a dish. I make it and eat the leftovers. I also made some changes to my recipe. I leave out the potatoes, because by the time they cook the other veggies are too well done for my tastes. I don't put the onions on the bottom, I thinly slice and replace the potatoes with them. I use dill instead of Thyme.

I was thinking the same thing about the taters. I think I would use the canned "new" potatoes which are already cooked, and buy them sliced already, that wouldn't change the flavor much.

Thanks Lisa! Yep, I love bacon!
Thanks Matthew! I guess you could just call them stuffed jalapeños then, lol.

I love bacon, Pac. I'm glad you named the ABTs. I always forget what they really are. Stuffed jalapenos just makes more sense.:chef:

Oh my, gimme gimme gimme!
Thank you. The most time comsuming part is making the crepes. But TOTALLY worth it.

Pacanis all I can say is OINK and YUMMY! All those pics are wonderful but gimme BACON!! LOL

I was thinking the same thing about the taters. I think I would use the canned "new" potatoes which are already cooked, and buy them sliced already, that wouldn't change the flavor much.

Canned potatoes would work, but you will be adding sodium. Please post and let me know how this turns out. :chef:

Good info. I think I'll slice my potatoes thin compared to the squash. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks MsM.
That reminds me... I need to get more bacon. I hope it goes on sale soon.

Canned potatoes would work, but you will be adding sodium. Please post and let me know how this turns out. :chef:

You're right, I'll back off on the added salt a bit to compensate for the salt in the canned taters.

I'll make a post right here in this thread after trying it. :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom