Measuring Aerosol Cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lozzz

Assistant Cook
How is this possible? I've got the nutrition counts for 100ml of whipped aerosol cream but how can you measure a serving of say, for example, 30ml?

I was going to put a thick layer over a medium sized bowl of jelly, but have no idea how much this would be in mls.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Well - normally a "serving size" listed on a can of "whipped aerosol cream" such as Reddi-Whip is going to be 30 ml (2 [US] Tablespoons). A cup [US] would be 237 ml - and 100 ml would be 0.42 [US] cup.

Assuming that the bowl you are using has straight sides - you can calculate the volume of "whipped cream" by measuring the diameter of the bowl and the depth of the cream added:

Volume = (pr^2) x height (where pi = 3.14)

If you make your measurements in inches - you can convert this to ml:

Volume (in^2) / 0.061 = ml

Of course - if the sides of the bowl flair out in a straight line, you'll need to calculate for the volume of a segment of a cone - and if the sides of the bowl are curved then you have to calculate the volume for a segment of a sphere.

Last edited:
All right, everybody - fess up - how many of you have taken that can, tilted your head back and squirted some straight into your mouth? :mrgreen:

Well, marm, I guess I'm first in line. Daughter would have to be a close second.

p.s. I also drink straight out of the orange juice container when nobody's looking.

LOL, yeah, I did drinking out of the OJ container - once - in the '60's - when someone had so thoughtfully put the corn oil in the OJ container to store it - took us days to get the oil off the kitchen wall!

You actually got it off the wall? I'm impressed. I would have faked it and said it was on oil-based paint technique we were trying.

Back
Top Bottom