Metric

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Recipe in here for German dishes called for 500g of pork schnitzel. Does anyone know how much and what this is? When I go to the store, if the person I asked doesn't know they ask around until they come up with reasonable response. Rather than making them more upset about their work, could I just ask someone here? I even wrote the editor of our local paper and she said go to Google but I had time trying to figure the amount. I must admit I did try to find out before asking you.

if i go to google and type in:

500g to pounds

it tells me [size=+1]500 grams = 1.10231131 pounds

[/size]does that help?

500g is about 1.1 lb - we don't work in cups in the UK or Europe.

I know that one of the mods kindly put conversion charts on a few of the fora on here, I think there's one on the dessert and/or meat sections.

Oops, sorry, HA..... I got sidetracked when typing my message (above) and didn't see that you had replied to ITK!

thanks for your time

appreciate all responses. Did find post that had all breakdown of different measures.

A pork tenderloin is perfect for this dish. It's about the right weight and very tender. I slice the tenderloin into 1/2" to 3/4" slices then pound then into scallopine.

scallopine?

Not sure of what that is, but will check dictionary. About how long does it take you to make scallopine?

A scallopine is just the pounded out slices of pork. You flatten them out like you would a veal cutlet.

Back
Top Bottom