Microwave-to-oven cooking times

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crankin

Senior Cook
I have a recipe (see link below) for lasagna rolls that calls for microwaving the final product on high for five minutes to cook it. Well, I really don't like what microwaving does to food, and since I'm not in any hurry, I'd rather put it in the oven to cook it, but I am not sure what five microwave minutes converts to in a 350 degree oven. Any suggestions?

Here is the recipe:
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=604779

I would start with half an hour (covered with foil) and check to see if the sauce is bubbling. If it is, it's done. If not, leave it in for another 10 minutes and check again.

Hope this is helpful.

GotGarlic may be right.

However, I remember reading somewhere that a microwave cooks in 1/3 the time of a regular oven. If that was true for this recipe, they could be done in 15 minutes. It really depends on how big the rolls are and if they are covered with a lot of sauce. Also, what kind of prep you do before this step.

In that recipe, they are only using the microwave to heat up the sauce and roll combination, but they aren’t cooking it. Everything is already cooked/done by the time you go to the microwave, so 15 or so minutes in a 350 degree oven should be plenty of time to get everything heated through and the sauce is starting to bubble.

You might want to cover the baking dish with foil to keep the noodles from drying out and getting crunchy at the edges.....but that probably isn’t necessary with only 15 minutes of oven time.

Back
Top Bottom