Missing instructions in recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nannyb

Assistant Cook
I found this recipe on the internet but in the directions it does not tell what to do with soup. Can anyone tell me what you think. I would love to try this soon. Thanks for your help.
nannyb
CHICKEN SHELL CASSEROLE

3 boneless chicken breasts
1 sm. box Stove Top stuffing
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 c. milk
1 box lg. shells
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 c. bread crumbs
1/4 c. grated cheddar cheese
Cook shells according to directions. Drain. Cook chicken breasts, cut into chunks. Prepare stuffing according to directions. Mix stuffing mix and chicken. Place stuffing mixture in shells. Arrange in 9 x 13 inch pan.

Mix melted butter and bread crumbs. Sprinkle over chicken and shell mixture. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over top. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.

You may substitute cream of chicken with cream of celery or cream of mushroom soup. :(

Cook shells according to directions. Drain. Cook chicken breasts, cut into chunks. Prepare stuffing according to directions. Mix stuffing mix and chicken. Place stuffing mixture in shells. Arrange in 9 x 13 inch pan.

I would say that you add the cans of soup here over the top of the shells. After adding the soup you then continue as it says:

Mix melted butter and bread crumbs. Sprinkle over chicken and shell mixture. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over top. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.

Thats my thoughts anyway.

i have a similar recipe, so maybe you can compare notes and find your missing instructions?
1 box jumbo shells, cooked and well-drained
2 c. chopped chicken
1 sm. box stuffing mix
6 oz. jack cheese
1/2 c. hellmann's mayo
-2 tbsp. sliced scallions
2 cans cream-of broccoli, asparagus, chicken or musroom soup
1 8-oz. pkg. grated mozzarella

preheat oven to 350. prepare stuffing. add chicken, jack cheese, mayo and scallions. stuff pasta shells and arrange in a greased 9x13 pyrex baking dish. mix cream-of soup w/ 1 can of whole or lowfat milk. pour over the shells; bake for 20 minutes. sprinkle w/ mozzarella and bake for another 12 minutes.

Yep - mix your soup and milk together and pour over after you place shells in pan but before you put the topping on. You might even want to put a thin layer under the shells also.

Back
Top Bottom