"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Old 06-09-2009, 09:41 AM   #11
Senior Cook
All the points stated above make perfect sense, but let me add just one more point: If you do not take care of this now and at this cost, how much will you pay later to deal with whatever problems show up if you don't?

ErikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:58 AM   #12
Master Chef
Let me ask you, what about gold teeth? I know it is not as pretty as porcelan, but it is much better as far s quality so to speak and should be cheapper. Ask your doctor about that.

You are what you eat.
CharlieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:06 AM   #13
Assistant Cook
Connie - What a kind hearted person you are thinking about such a choice. But you could say the same thing about just about everything else in life, I think you've gotten a lot of good advice/ discussion here and I would go ahead and have the dental work done.
Watch out, that's hot!
Mary Microwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:36 AM   #14
Executive Chef
My Mother always said "Do whatever you have to do to keep your teeth in good condition. " There you have it, go get it done.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
Loprraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:33 PM   #15
Mr. Greenjeans

I think you have to get your teeth fixed.

Stop feeling guilty about the money. You won it fair and square in your cage match against "El Grapadura!".

How will you win your next match if Constance "The Incisor" Muldoon doesn't have the incisors to do it.

Besides that, never to crunch corn on the cob again! Can you make that sacrifice?

Soapbox BD
No matter how many Bibles he swears on, when a dog tells you he's a vegetarian, he's lying.
bigdaddy3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:51 PM   #16
Master Chef
~stealing bigdaddy's soapbox for a few minutes~

& don't ya wanna smile pretty for pics?!
i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:50 PM   #17
Executive Chef
your health is important. take care of your dental needs.
Robo410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire
get them fixed , i didn't out of fear of dentist. trust me , and i can't say this strongly enough, you do not want dentures. they are a royal pain in the putie. fix em, especially since you can afford it. maybe find a dentist that is more reasonable.
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #19
Senior Cook
If it turns out you have to pay cash. I advise you ask the doctor if the will reduce the total charge for your paying cash. They may even reduce it even more if you pay in cash AND pay the total negotiated amount all at once. I do hope it turns out well for you financially.

By the way, it is respectable of you for considering the morality of the financial situation. You should ask your doctor what, if any, physical reprocussions there could be if you were to not tend to your dental situation. You can even get a second opinion. You also can even visit legitimate health websites like webmd.com and other symptom and prognosis checking websites.

God bless you,
jessicacarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:48 PM   #20
Master Chef
Thank you for your replies. I love you all.

Fact is, my teeth are not rotten, and my gums are exceptionally healthy, more like a woman of 40 instead one of 62. That's because I've always taken care of them. It was stressed in my family.
The teeth have simply lost calcium and are wearing out. Perhaps the Rheumatoid Arthritis is to blame...they don't know.

Y'all have convinced me to go ahead and get them fixed. I think I'm going to send DH to bargain with the dentist first, though. If you're going to do 8 at $650.00 ea, perhaps you could give us a better deal? How about one free?

Who knows, may as well try! The insurance companies get better deals all the time.

We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote