Most important rule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
52144-albums1058-picture6642.jpg

Anticipation!!

Therefore.....

That was 2 years ago if you look at the date on the pic.
Truth to tell? I don't remember what distracted me but I DO remember the shock and disappointment in my stupidity.

I think it was the first chicken I had spatchcocked and was so proud of myself... :angel:

Pride cometh before a fall! so they say :LOL:

So who else has had disasters??

I don't have a picture as evidence (I saw no reason to immortalize my screw-up). However, I tried to make a pizza on the grill. Put my stone in and pre-heated it. Made the pizza and put it on the stone. A short time later I scraped the incinerated pizza off the stone and tossed it into the trash.

What? I see "Cajun Chicken" on the menu. :cool:

At least the breast part looks like it was salvageable. Was it?

I bet some bacon would have fixed that...

LOL don't think anything could have fixed it. I know in the pics it looks like the meat under the skin doesn't seem so bad - but it was pretty petrified. The foil tray was melted!

Ok, maybe my post didn't make it. However, if it was removed, I'd sure appreciate a reason. I posted that Bobby Flay would say it was perfect!:ohmy: He tends to lean to the burnt side and never gets called on it.:rolleyes:

Craig, that is too funny.

Just today I came across a mini-video on a recipe site with him cooking. He told the audience to ask any questions they wanted to. Someone in the audience immediately asked "Is something burning? I smell something burning!" Staged or not - it was funny, he was flummoxed, or pretended to be. I enjoyed.

and no, I doubt he could have even started to chew on that poor chicken - it was petrified.

It was just blackened chicken with a robust charcoal flavour... You call it hipster and any one would eat it. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom