Mother's Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mother's Day is one of the hardest days of the year for me since Shane died. This will be my 3rd one without him.

As it happens, I won a gift certificate for the Mother's Day Brunch at Flander's Fish Market
http://www.flandersfish.com/
on the radio today. How did I do it? There was a talk show & they were talking about shrimp. The first person to call in with a recipe got the gift certificate. I called in with the recipe for BarbarainNC's Bang Bang Shrimp. I'm so glad it was a short recipe. I had been running around, putting groceries away - that exertion & the excitement of it all left me breathless!!! I'm very glad that I didn't hear myself on the radio & I hope that no one else I know heard it! I couldn't catch my breath & the parrots were hollering in the background.
Anyway, I am very much looking forward to the Brunch - besides seafood they will be serving Prime Rib, Leg of Lamb, Ham, etc. etc.... It will be something I've never done before & I will be out of my normal life - that sometimes helps me in my mourning on those tough days.
And this won't cost hubby a penny - nor will he have to do anything to prepare! :)
Thank you so much, Barbara! Your recipe is one of our very favorites & now it's won me a wonderful meal! :)

I am sorry Corinne. I hope your pain eases year after year. I wish you a Happy Mothers day filled with greaty memories of Shane.
Amber and corazon90, yes my thoughts exactly, it's the one day I chose not to think of what I want and let someone decide.Breakfast in bed is always on tha agenda. I also call my mum and my mother-in-law on the day.

My youngest daughter and her family will be here; I will be doing all the cooking as they have already put in their requests. To be truthful, I love it that they love my cooking and I would much rather be busy and teaching my grandsons.

Shunka said:
My youngest daughter and her family will be here; I will be doing all the cooking as they have already put in their requests. To be truthful, I love it that they love my cooking and I would much rather be busy and teaching my grandsons.
Mr too Shunka, so glad someone else is going to be doing what I am:LOL: Will have all my kids here as well as the grandkids, am looking forward to making them things they love..Requests are now being asked for:) Isn't it nice to teach the little ones how to cook?

kadesma...happy Mother's day Shunka:)

Corinne said:
Anyway, I am very much looking forward to the Brunch - besides seafood they will be serving Prime Rib, Leg of Lamb, Ham, etc. etc.... It will be something I've never done before & I will be out of my normal life - that sometimes helps me in my mourning on those tough days.

I hope that you really enjoy it. It sounds like you deserve it, and it should be fun.

Thank you Kadesma!!! Yes, being able to pass on sooooo many tips and lessons to my grandsons is priceless!!! This daughter is also expecting a 3rd child (also 3rd grandchild for me!!) this fall!!!!! So I am kind of gearing the menu to her likes....prime rib roast, shrimp scampi over noodles, crab salad with cabbage and who knows what else!!!! The other daughter won't be able to come up with them but I will see her when I go down to Phoenix for the Def Leppard concert in Aug.!!!! To all Moms out there (even if your only children are 4-legged, furry, feathered [2-legged!] or finny), I hope eveybody has a wonderful Mother's day!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom