"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 10-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #11
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I wonder if food critics tip good?
Don't know. A number of them are always telling us to tip generously. If they're on an expense account, they probably do. Otherwise, they might figure admonishing the public to tip well gives them credit.

On reflection, I have decided I don't want to be the critic. I want to be the critic's friend. They take friends along, so they can order more dishes. But the friends just get to eat and don't have to write it all up later.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
That drives me nuts! I wonder sometimes if the packers do it on purpose because there job sucks!?

So you're one of those people that crushes chips
I poke holes in all the meat packages to sniff them for freshness
What really drives me nuts is the teenage baggers that think it is perfectly fine to put bread/eggs etc. in the same bag as the heavy bottles and cans. This usually involves their lack of attention because they are more interested in talking to the cute teenage cashier than doing the job they get paid for. It doesn't seem to make a difference whether the cashier is female and the bagger male or vis versa.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #13
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
What really drives me nuts is the teenage baggers that think it is perfectly fine to put bread/eggs etc. in the same bag as the heavy bottles and cans. This usually involves their lack of attention because they are more interested in talking to the cute teenage cashier than doing the job they get paid for. It doesn't seem to make a difference whether the cashier is female and the bagger male or vis versa.

You have to believe there was some training on how to bag. That they still do it wrong tells you how they feel about their job.

In the "Sad but True Department" SO directs the packing of our groceries. She handed an insulated freezer bag to a bagger telling him to put the perishables in the freezer bag. He started bagging and she stopped him because he was leaving perishables out of the freezer bag. When she scolded him he replied, "What are perishables?". Ouch!
Old 10-24-2012, 03:31 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
You have to believe there was some training on how to bag. That they still do it wrong tells you how they feel about their job.
So, the managers keep telling me. Brain dead is not a state to live life in. Don't get me started on the ability of cashiers to make change without the machine doing it for them. Really makes me wonder about "School Zones". I get them for elementry school kids. I'm on the fence about middle school/jr. high. If they don't get it by high school, come on, thats just population control!
Old 10-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #15
Flour Child

I'd want to own a little comfortable cafe with outdoor patio dining out front. Inside would have sunroom dining with healthy plants and artsy water fountain...with a cuisine that was heart healthy, color saturated, unprocessed, nutrient-dense, and using locally grown fresh super foods whenever possible. Creative and flavorful with a focus on health. And local artwork on the walls inside. And a little stage for a talented local student musician to play soft guitar or flute or violin etc...on occasion.

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
My dream job is to be the person who crushes all the bags of chips before putting them on the shelf!
You would have been run out of our pharmacy for that It drove my DH nuts when parents turned their kids loose on the goodie rack to see how fast they turned everything into dust!!!
kades
Old 10-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
My dream job is to be the person who crushes all the bags of chips before putting them on the shelf!
ROFL
Old 10-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #18
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyanne View Post
I'd want to own a little comfortable cafe with outdoor patio dining out front. Inside would have sunroom dining with healthy plants and artsy water fountain...with a cuisine that was heart healthy, color saturated, unprocessed, nutrient-dense, and using locally grown fresh super foods whenever possible. Creative and flavorful with a focus on health. And local artwork on the walls inside. And a little stage for a talented local student musician to play soft guitar or flute or violin etc...on occasion.

I want my place to be next door to MollyAnne's place...
Old 10-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #19
Executive Chef

I would have to say driving an ice cream truck! Hey, that could be a good job to do after I retire! :D
Old 10-25-2012, 01:30 AM   #20
Master Chef

Quote:
That drives me crazy!!! I even keep my eggs, bread, crisps etc for last so I can pack it myself.
It also drives me nuts when they pack raw chicken and meats with dry products and I get home to find blood on cooked items.
It takes me hours to do my monthly shop now. I pack the items I buy in order of packing preference
This still doesn't always help!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food