My first attempt at following a recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congralutions Edgar:clap::clap::clap: When I saw your list today I thought the recipie wam a Little complicated for a beginer, Wow you did it !!!! and it was good Bet it made you feel great !!!!!
We are glad to have you here

Josie

Howdy! Welcome to DC.
I been reading all this with quite a bit of interest. I have a friend who was much like you several years back. Once he finally got a handle on things in the kitchen, he turned into a magnificent cook. I 'spect you will likely be able to branch out and who knows where it might lead from here.
Matter of fact, his name was Ed too. One of my closest friends, but he is a mite tight-lipped. Especially when it comes to his mop sauce for ribs and chicken. One of these days I am hopin' to talk him into sharin' it.
Great job and I wish you continued success!!

Thanks for the encouraging comments everyone. I don't know what I will try next. Nothing in the cookbook I have right no catches my eye. There is a used bookstore nearby and I will stop there this weekend and look at their cookbooks. I would like to try an Italian or Greek dish. I'll see.

Glad it turned out well for you. Cooking is a rather forgiving medium (unlike baking). You can tweak flavors, amounts, ingredients in a recipe. May this be the first of many good meals to come!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing the experience with us, Edgar.
I have copied and pasted your ingredients list, crossed out the chiles and replaced it with reconstituted dried chiles, and named the new recipe "EdgarHF Chicken Chile Soup." I'll give it go this weekend.

Congrats! Thanks for sharing the experience with us, Edgar.
I have copied and pasted your ingredients list, crossed out the chiles and replaced it with reconstituted dried chiles, and named the new recipe "EdgarHF Chicken Chile Soup." I'll give it go this weekend.
Awesome idea, I've never made a soup from scratch (I know, I know....)

I think I'll do the same! :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom