My Next Car/Road Food Machine...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
K-Girl, if you have Jamie Oliver money, you don't worry about the cost. ;)

I'm wondering...do you think that I could have one of those little hand vacs put into Himself's next recliner chair? :LOL:

The guy's obviously been watching too many RV-life videos on YouTube. :LOL:

And I've been following a bunch of Van-life/boondocking/camping videos on YouTube these past couple of years. I'm actually thinking about converting a standard cargo van into a full off-grid camper.

K-Girl, if you have Jamie Oliver money, you don't worry about the cost. ;)

I'm betting JO didn't pay a single penny for that car. He is taking it on TV shows, and promoting it. It will be in blogs and magazines for months. It is a well spent PR expense for Land Rover.

When I worked for a car magazine, Jaguar/Land Rover set me up with a dozen cars to use for a week at a time, and flew me to resorts for product introductions. I even got to attend the Land Rover off-road driving school at the Biltmore, all expenses paid.

Jaguar/Land Rover have very aggressive (and creative) PR efforts.

CD

^^^ Nice overland trailer!

But personally, I don't like trailers. I also don't like pick-up bed, class A, and class B campers. I'd like a full size cargo van conversion (4x4 would be nice) with an interior cook station so I can cook a nice meal even in bad weather.

I've had a couple of Teardrop Campers. They fit an a standard garage, and you can tow them with practically anything. This was my second one...

CD

Attachments

• BentleyTD2.jpg
    BentleyTD2.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
I've had a couple of Teardrop Campers. They fit an a standard garage, and you can tow them with practically anything. This was my second one...

CD

No offense, but I'm a lot more interested in the Bentley Continental parked next to the camper.

No offense, but I'm a lot more interested in the Bentley Continental parked next to the camper.

LOL, that photo happened to be handy on my computer, and thought I'd see who noticed. It wasn't my car, obviously. It was a Press car I had for 3 days and 300 miles. I went way over the 300 miles. BTW, that is a Continental GT Supersports. 205 MPH top speed (no, I did not personally verify that top speed). :LOL:

CD

That's a really cool promotion for Land Rover. This must have been a designers dream, just designing something so "out there". So many clever details such as the "grill" grill, the shifting knob salt and pepper, oil dispensers and "piston" mortar and pestle just to name a few.

The fact that they put all of this stuff on there and made it look like it belonged on the car and not just random addons is really impressive, instead of a frankencar it looked like something that could be on a showroom floor.

That's a really cool promotion for Land Rover. This must have been a designers dream, just designing something so "out there". So many clever details such as the "grill" grill, the shifting knob salt and pepper, oil dispensers and "piston" mortar and pestle just to name a few.

The fact that they put all of this stuff on there and made it look like it belonged on the car and not just random addons is really impressive, instead of a frankencar it looked like something that could be on a showroom floor.

+1 !!!
I would venture to guess that the folks that put this all together had an absolute blast doing it.

The guy's obviously been watching too many RV-life videos on YouTube. :LOL:

And I've been following a bunch of Van-life/boondocking/camping videos on YouTube these past couple of years. I'm actually thinking about converting a standard cargo van into a full off-grid camper.

Are you going to blog how you do that? Because I may be living in one of those camper vans soon and I need all the help I can get!

That would also be for traveling around the US but if I had to pick a trailer to live in, it would be this one - the only thing I'd do different is move the stove to under the microwave:

Attachments

• trailer4a.jpg
    trailer4a.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 154
  • trailer5b.jpg
    trailer5b.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 112
  • trailer5 Citation.jpg
    trailer5 Citation.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

Latest posts