Name 3 things you have trouble cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At first I was having a hell of a time making bread. It always turned out good but I'd often have my chef instructor telling me little things I wasn't doing quite right. I know he just wanted me to get to know everything, but I'm a person who feels like I should be able to do things right the first time. I hate when I don't, and steps 4-7 in the 12 steps of baking were really frustrating me. I got it mostly down now, but by that I just mean I know when I'm doing something wrong, and even though it always turns out good I still need to get better at the kneading and makeup of breads.

Getting rice to be el dante can be a little tricky sometimes. I'm getting more consistent but sometimes there's that couple seconds too long I leave it on and it went a little past where I wanted it.

Butchering a pork loin is the one thing that frustrated the hell out of me in all the things I've butchered so far. I had 2 school days to have a crack at it over my 2 rotations in butchery, and got to do 3 or 4 loins both times, but never did it as well as I thought I could when I first started. I really need to practice them more. Chicken also gave me trouble at first just because of the texture of the meat compared to others and all the small bones, I needed to know the 8 cut, supreme, and how to debone. I got them all down now.

pie crust, fried potatoes, pan-fried chicken... I can wow the world with my deep-fried chicken, but cannot, for the life of me, fry chicken in a frying pan.

Back
Top Bottom