Need advice - Sea Scallops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I am thinking of buying scallops for the family. As I don't eat them and have never bought them I need advice.

Please no debates.

Here is a Sale Add for "Dry, Day Boat, 10 to 20 ct., Never Frozen" scallops.
Is it a good sale price? Is the regular price good?

dry_pack_scallop_sale_091519_IMG_6214.JPG

It's a reasonable price. I've seen them as low as $10.99 on sale and with a regular price that fluctuates between $15 and $20.

They are on sale here for $11.99 lb, dry pack, frozen/thawed. For never frozen, I'd jump on them.

10-20 ct is a good size and that is a good price. Figure 4-5, maybe 6 if they are closer to the 20/lb size per person if they are the main attraction.

"Never frozen" isn't available in Dallas at retail, so I'd jump on that deal here, if I could.

CD

Thank you everyone.
I feel a little silly. I was looking at last weeks sale circular :blush:. So I missed out on the sale by one day. They repeat sales so I will keep an eye out for another sale on scallops. Hopefully it will be close to a holiday.

...I feel a little silly. I was looking at last weeks sale circular :blush:...
Been there, done that, msm. At least you didn't go to the store with the ad and ask why the tag on the scallops wasn't showing the sale price...like someone I know who did that...once. :whistling:

Hey, maybe you'll get really lucky and the next sale will have them for less than $14.99. :) One can only hope.

Been there, done that, msm. At least you didn't go to the store with the ad and ask why the tag on the scallops wasn't showing the sale price...like someone I know who did that...once. :whistling:

Hey, maybe you'll get really lucky and the next sale will have them for less than $14.99. :) One can only hope.

:chef:

Back
Top Bottom